Watch: Trump says the Covid vaccines he "came up with" are "all very, very good"

I have a theory about Trump’s recent pro vaccine self marketing campaign. Not just 2024. But…Trump has always wanted respect. He didn’t really get it in the New York business world (Daddy’s money, real estate isn’t considered as respected as finance). He didn’t get it in Hollywood (reality tv star). He didn’t get it in the White House. One way he COULD get it…? (Hint: Obama has one). I actually think Trump is gunning for a Nobel Prize.

3 Likes

On the surface level, it just means, “I don’t want to hear it.” So, there’s nothing absurd about it. It’s like saying, “Have a nice day,” when you’re finished with a conversation. On a deeper level, it means, “Watch Fox News and join the same Facebook groups, and you’ll understand everything.”

In my opinion, the only way that he has followers is by putting himself in front of their path. He doesn’t seem to have deeply-held convictions, Trump usually says anything that would resonate with the people that he thought could end up voting for him. He did some market research and found a constituency that he could lead and swindle if he were to switch his discourse. The fact that his “followers” are not getting the “Trump vaccine” shows that he is not a leader in any meaningful way and that people are only Trumpists if they can project their racists and ignorant beliefs unto him, by him parroting those beliefs. He can be in the spotlight only if he moves to stand where the spotlight is shining. He is a unprincipled fake.

Trump trick

Just another Trump Trick-,
the next will come out of the old wazzoo ~

3 Likes

That’s been true without him noticing or caring for a really long time too though. What do you think triggered that sea change, that just happened to be at the exact moment his rival praised him for them?

4 Likes

Obama shouldn’t have gotten one and Trump won’t get one.

Obama entered office representing ideals such as working together across the globe, less conflict, no more George W BS. I actually had no problem with his Nobel Prize (jesus….40 years after MLK’s assassination, and racist America elects a black man……gotta be worth something). Hell - if Kissinger can win one, for Pete’s sake…….
Trump doesn’t deserve one, will never win one, but I honestly believe he is thinking this is possible. Notice he is really playing up the vaccines, but no other supposed‘ achievements’ he accomplished.

2 Likes

Many tens of millions of idiots. That’s why it’s a good thing if he convinces them to get vaccinated even if he does so for completely self-serving reasons.

4 Likes

Amazing.

1 Like

And then he promptly droned a bunch of people, more than W. I’m not against Obama getting the Nobel Prize in general, it’s just he was nominated in December of 2008 and given the prize in October of 2009. He wasn’t even president when he was advanced to the finalist stage. “Not being GW Bush and getting elected president but not really showing anything you can do as president” shouldn’t be a criteria for the Peace Prize. I get why he got it, but it turned out his administration was just another centrist warhawky administration and I cannot help but wonder if they had a revote for it in 2013 if they still would have given it to him.

Either way, Obama shouldn’t have gotten it based on 2 months of being president elect, and Trump shouldn’t get one period, so whatever he’s gunning for is moot.

1 Like

You know, could all of this been prevented if Trump had been given some participation trophies or something as a child? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Oh no!

The vaccine news means that catastrophically terrible ‘cartoonist’ Ben Garrison (who spent four years pimping for Trump) has rebelled against the Vanity Manatee:

8 Likes

Sorry Fake Cry GIF by Trevi Moran

4 Likes

The power of one well-placed compliment.

ef45485e8327761c252fbdd8e451bd9e0d-11-biden-laugh.2x.h473.w710

14 Likes

Pimping is right. Garrison drew Trump with a level of smoldering sexual desire that would put Tom of Finland to shame.

7 Likes

Not that I care about what Garrison’s sexual kinks are, you just know he was getting high on his own supply there.

4 Likes

I hope that you’re right, because that would be a hilariously embarrassing spectacle to watch. I can’t wait to see Trump’s reaction when the Nobel Committee is like, “Um…no? We’re going to go with the people who, you know, actually developed the vaccines.”

Oh, and welcome to BoingBoing!

3 Likes

He just repeats things that he hears on Fox News

2 Likes

That spectacle already happened. Twice.

Also it’s important to remember the process for getting a Nobel Prize isn’t exactly like the process for winning an Academy Award. Normally the public isn’t informed of who is even under consideration until they’ve already won.

7 Likes

Yeah, Zyklon Ben will depict Trump as a “dupe”, momentarily tricked by those evil “Scientists”. He’ll be a well-behaved puppy, if/when Trump reverses himself.

But its weird because, this wasn’t a momentary gaffe by Trump, the kind he committed on a daily basis. This looks look like a strategic shift.

So, the prospect of Ben Garrison posting screed after screed against his Savior is delightful.

3 Likes