Watch: Trump supporters don't like being reminded of the president's friendship with child molestor Jeffrey Epstein

Yup. I was living in a red state when Bill ran for Pres, so I happily voted 3rd party both times. Couldn’t make myself vote for the obviously horrid perv and total phony Bill Clinton.

Voted Hillary last time, but only because I’ve been in Florida for 2 decades and we all saw what happened when you vote 3rd party in a heavily populated swing state. I still felt sick to my stomach, but I still made my mark for Hillary.

I don’t get why conservatives in general seem to think we lefties all adore the Clintons. Although I do get a lot of entertainment when they try the Whataboutism to my face. They always look so stunned at the stream of obscenities that pour forth from my mouth at the mention of Bill Clinton.

18 Likes

tumblr_puar4fhC6z1snt40jo1_540

44 Likes

Absolutely have.

That’s how we got “thanks Obama”.

1 Like

Trump has already been accused of raping a 13yr old girl at a party hosted by Epstein:

Johnson claimed that Trump violently raped her when she was 13 at a 1994 orgy hosted by Jeffrey Epstein

We can worry about Clinton when he is similarly accused.

23 Likes

We all know the answer to that: they’ll only believe half of it.

21 Likes

He’s right about one thing, though; I, too, would personally rejoice if it took both men down.

15 Likes

That’s funny. I don’t like being reminded of either of them.

Yeah, that’s the difference between the right and left now. The right is about partisan tribalism (not policy or morality, the two things the right have pretended to be about), while the left actually is about policy and morality. So in this situation, the right rallies around one of “their” accused and denies everything, whereas the left just says, “Well, fuck that dude. Turns out he’s no ally of mine.”

24 Likes

I don’t feel like hashing it out again in full. But I don’t feel those accusations need to be brought up. The entire thing is less than credible. They were originally shopped for money by a reality TV producer with a history of pushing false stories to the tabloids. The original lawyer involved was a patent attorney, who did not even practice in the states with jurisdiction. The first couple tries at lawsuit were dismissed summarily for process and jurisdiction problems. That attorney openly admits to never having met the accuser or witness, only having spoken to them on the phone. And that also seems to be the case with the later, more qualified attorney. Who doesn’t seem to have know the location or disposition of the accuser or witness. No one but that sketchy producer guy and his associates even claim to neccisarily even know the identities of these people. And when the accuser pulled out of the press conference, her lawyer did not seem to be informed or aware of the decision. Or really know when, how and from where the accuser would be arriving.

Reporters attempting to corroborate the story apparently dead ended at the lawyers and the folks promoting the story. No one was able to get even off the record, protected source, confirmation of identity or contact with victim or witness. No one was able to get at information that could confirm or corroborate details. No one was able to corroborate the published details. Things could not be lined up with known dates, locations. Known movements of Trump or Epstein at the time. No one could locate a person matching up with witness who worked for or around Trump at the time.

I am not saying that we should disbelieve this accuser, or accusers in general. I am saying that what little, entirely circumstancial information we have, indicates there very well may not be an accuser here. No real persons at the root of the claim.

Without some, even non-public, confirmable information to interpret this around. The only real reason to keep brining this up is confirmation bias. If this doves tails with your existing assumptions about Trump. Or is simply a convenient way to attack him. It will be taken as truth, and evidence of those preconceived notions. Despite the fact that as this information currently stands, it can not be evidence of anything. This thing is a blurry photo of Bigfoot. Yeah there’s a chance that its actually Bigfoot, and its just a bad photo. But the photo itself can’t really tell you one way or the other.

4 Likes

If they knew he was raping and abusing children, then to hell with them. If they were participating in the rape and abuse, to hell with them some more. Otherwise, how can we really blame anyone for being friends with a criminal, if they weren’t aware of the crime?

Donald Trump, however, alluded to knowledge of what kind of person Epstein (and probably Donald Trump himself) is with his comments about liking young women or girls, or whatever exact words he used.

Why is Donald Trump so upset about this?

10 Likes

You’re probably right, but I still want to see if I can see the smoke coming out of their ears as they claim both that its a lie and the truth.

5 Likes

Even worse is that, apparently, he’ll grant an excited crowd their brutal wishes at the height of their mob-ish frenzy. That’s some seriously dangerous and scary shit.

4 Likes

Maybe they can share a cell…

2 Likes

All that is well accounted at the link I posted. Trump has paid off a lot of accusers, and I can’t take the hype around the course of this accusation as some kind of indication one way or the other. “Where there is smoke there is fire” may be confirmation bias, but 24 instances of accused smoke all met with the denial of fire just does not sound very plausible to me. I take every accusation as legitimate, or a mirror of an unreported legitimate transgression by trump. He’s a sexual predator. Enough. We are well beyond cutting him some slack.

14 Likes

This, this, this. As a fiscally conservative and socially liberal human being, it still boggles my mind how people think, “well as least the Dow is up, so let’s forget about the whole Christian conservative thing”. If you’re a woman, minority, non-%1’er, or homosexual person and you still don’t down-ticket vote D, you’re being disingenuous to yourself. I don’t like where the Democratic Party is heading about 1/2 the time, but some times you need to tack the ship when the headwind is this strong.

16 Likes

I believe I’ve come up with the ultimate nickname to get thoroughly under Trump’s skin and everyone is encouraged to use it: “Eight-Time Emmy Loser Donald Trump.” I think that should also be added to every future reference. But I’m biased. I like presidents who haven’t lost Emmys.

13 Likes

No heart until you flip that “15” in the second-to-last frame.

5 Likes

2%20Monsters%20Trump

This picture? Is this the picture we’re talking about?

11 Likes

I did vote for him twice, but if he were aware of the monstrosity of Epstein’s activities and helped protect him, or otherwise implicated in Epstein’s crimes, I would certainly want him to be prosecuted. The Clinton’s ran in powerful people, and ran in circles with friends/acquaintances of a morally questionable nature, including Trump and Giuliani.

5 Likes

If what you want most is to sulk about Democrats being held to standards that world leaders are held to, you’re going to have to vote one into office. Maybe campaign for them really hard to invest in the opportunity for you to live your best life.

4 Likes