Watch Tucker Carlson's bizarre Friday the 13th monologue about Patriotic Optimism

It’s important to be reminded that these shills for fascism and white male supremacy are still out there in the mainstream media and will be long after Il Douche is kicked out of the White House. No-one has to watch his garbage, but the analysis and breakdowns of his real message are worthwhile because 10s of millions of Americans are paying attention to him and taking his garbage seriously.

14 Likes

Tucker should run for office under his new slogan:
“AMERICA: WE DON’T EAT DOGS”

What a fucking nutcase.

8 Likes

“We’ve only had one revolution. …
It’s why we fought off the metric system all these years.”

Funniest thing I’ve heard in a while. How could you possibly satirize this

17 Likes

He seems nice.

9 Likes

i read through this thread just to see you put that out there. i never say his name aloud without saying all of it.

5 Likes

I may be wrong, but wasn’t the metric conversion order put in place by REPUBLICAN Gerald Ford?

Yes.

The Birchers (it was easier labeling these creeps in the old days) began raising against it as proof of our descent into Communism.

Really, I don’t see the connection, but 45 years on apparently shithead has once again found the key.

9 Likes

Happiness in the founding documents? I’ll admit that all those words like “evils” and “throw off such government” and “repeated injuries and usurpations” and “absolute tyranny” and “depriving us” and “destroyed the lives of our people” in the Declaration of Independence threw me off.

3 Likes

Example from today:

As the saying goes, Europeans think that a hundred miles is a long distance and Americans think that a hundred years is a long time.

13 Likes

Watched this last night when I couldn’t sleep.

Bizarre. Everything Tucker does is highly calculated. But I am at a loss for what he hoped to accomplish with this segment.

4 Likes

“America: Where spelling doesn’t count; people’s pets do!”

9 Likes

"This is a news show brought to you on a news channel."

This was news to me.

"We don't eat dogs."

India’s “Tucker” will brag that they “don’t eat cows.”

9 Likes

What does patriotism mean when the people who claim to be the “real patriots” viscerally hate a majority of their fellow citizens?

13 Likes

Nothing says “lack of self-awareness” like a man who spends countless hours on television telling everyone how terrifying and un-American Antifa is and then badly paraphrases a famous folk song written by a guy whose guitar proclaimed “This Machine Kills Fascists.”

18 Likes
2 Likes

Like praising Americans as the kindest people on earth, after a career celebrating and encouraging unkindness.

11 Likes

Yeah, but those people are trying to destroy America so we shouldn’t be nice to them… I mean, they’re not REAL Americans anyways, right? /s

13 Likes

Swansontuckercarlson_padnos

6 Likes

Watch Tucker Carlson

20 Likes

Reading (like others, I won’t watch) Tucker’s ludicrous claims of American exceptionalism, I have to wonder if he has ever owned a passport or ventured beyond US borders.

9 Likes

Yeah, I thought the bit about how we bravely fought off the metric system was odd. To be fair, when I see the metric system walking toward me on the street, I cross to the other side.

8 Likes