Watch Ukraine's president perform Hava Nagila on piano "with his genitals"

Clever dick

4 Likes

Just shows he can stick it out longer than most.

1 Like

Completely agree. Maybe my post was worded badly?

There is a huge Nazi problem in Ukraine, and it needs to be dealt with. There is also a pretty big problem with Russians invading the country at this present moment that might take precedence at the moment; sure would be great if both were defeated at the same time though.

Given that the current Russian nazi problem underlies their general aggression towards their neighbors, and seeks to undermine democracy abroad (like here in the US), maybe hand wringing over the problem in Ukraine, which is most certainly NOT the cause of the current problem, is not particularly helpful.

Literally every major developed country has problems with the far right - even New Zealand, which has one of the most robust democracies in the world right now and a left-leaning party in power. It’s just derailing to bring it up in a thread about an authoritarian leader who is invading another country, especially when that leader is largely considered to be a major inspiration for the global white supremacist movement…

9 Likes

Yes. No country can completely rid itself of fascists but it can keep them out of power. Despite the very disturbing presence of the Ukrainian fascist militias, their political wings never crack more than 3% of the vote or more than two seats in parliament (2019 election: zero seats). One Ukrainian said in an interview that the vast majority of Ukrainians are happy to let the members of the Azov Battalion fight and die for the nation but have no interest in letting them run it.

Compare the to the recent fascist track record in the U.S., where they’ve hijacked one of the duopoly parties. Now that’s a huge Nazi problem, and not just for the U.S.

8 Likes

If you can find better than “appearing to perform Hava Nagila with your genitals”, have at it in the comments!

Sure thing. Don’t mind if I do.

2 Likes

Also worth nothing that self-identifying fascists in the US are around the 5.5% mark, which puts Ukraine ahead of us.

1 Like

What about the not insignificant percentage of people who are in fact fascists but don’t identify as such? Are we taking them at their word now?

5 Likes

In terms of having more non-fascists, I assume. Which is correct.

I was listening to an interview with a Ukrainian journalist the other day and he described politics there. He said that the vast majority of the electorate doesn’t really care about any ideology. The main issues for everyone are always things like pensions and roads. As such, the only differentiating factor for most mainstream politicians regardless of party is personality. Which, in turn, is why a comedian could get elected as president in 2019.

Oh, that’s definitely my point. The non-self-identifying fascists are certainly are significant group, especially those who self-deceive about their allegiance. I just figure that if our identifying ones are nearly twice that of Ukraine, they’re clearly more comfortable operating here than there.

It’s a bit like all the white nationalists who adamantly get their feelings hurt, but then advocate for forced sterilization of other races. “I’m not a racist, I just think that other races aren’t worthy of reproductive agency.”

2 Likes

Okay. thanks for clarifying.

I mean… some do.

1 Like