Watch: Vermont man tries to fight off police with an excavator

Originally published at: Watch: Vermont man tries to fight off police with an excavator | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I feel like this level of provocation could have ended up in the excavator driver getting shot in some circumstances.

Glad everything turned out all white here.

25 Likes

Tell me the suspects were white without telling me they were white.

@dpease So what’s your beverage of choice? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

True enough, but to be fair, I mean It is Vermont.

6 Likes

If i attack these policemen with my excavator mental state:

• (a) they’ll depart in fear, leav’n m’boy behind, and never return
  • (b) [rage static]
  • (c) isn’t there some leftover pizza in the fridge?
  • (d) none of two of these
3 Likes

If only a good guy with an excavator could have intervened…

8 Likes

Sometimes you need to know when to stop digging.

6 Likes

It’s such a bizarre world view that you think you can “scare off” police and that will be the end of the matter. The police are part of a system and the system is charging your son, sir. If you scare off these police, more will come. If your son runs, he will be chased. The system will catch him.

I guess this childish world view comes from watching bad westerns, but even the sheriff in those was part of a county, system provincial, or federal government.

13 Likes

Golden Girls Lol GIF

1 Like

Vermont man tries to fight off police with an excavator

How the police got an excavator, we’ll never know.

5 Likes

Another situation where a heavily armed family would have made this safer.

3 Likes

He just didn’t plan far enough ahead.

Perfectly reciprocal with the bizarre police worldview that fleeing suspects must be shot in the back when they have the suspect vehicle, residence address, and ability track their cell and credit cards.

13 Likes

Yes, excellent point! All the more reason cops need to be less trigger happy.

6 Likes

They know where the guy lives, they know who his son is; why do the troopers not step back and de-escalate the situation?

@Slide I owe you a soda.

3 Likes

The hell?? Now I really want to try that…

1 Like

vermont-white

1 Like

Don’t mess with this guy’s kid.

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.