Watch weird Madison Cawthorn declare: "Madam speaker, you are not God!" in over-the-top performance

Originally published at: Watch weird Madison Cawthorn declare: "Madam speaker, you are not God!" in over-the-top performance | Boing Boing

11 Likes

So why wasn’t he ejected from the building mid-speech?

Hey, Maddy, great speech so far but if you aren’t gonna wear a mask in here you’ll have to finish it on Zoom from the parking lot.

ETA:

Pelosi: “Representative Cawthorn, you must be correct about my lack of divinity. I’ve been clicking the “Smite” button up here nonstop since you started talking and yet you haven’t been struck by lightning. Yet. “

58 Likes

Okay, I just talked to your god. It says wear a mask.

44 Likes

There must be a god. Natural selection couldn’t produce a life form that is 100% asshole.

54 Likes

Masks = tyranny. I hate to stoop to this level but what a bunch of fucking selfish crybaby pussies.

34 Likes

Fucking Republican shitheads; shitheads one and all.

26 Likes

30 Likes

With the ‘Spanish Flu’ in 1918 they had the correct idea

(i’ll never understand why masks (let alone vaccines) bring out the morons to such a degree. does your seat belt offend thee? -sigh-)

45 Likes

To threaten arrest on others for their own personal medical decisions is nothing short of a medical apartheid.

I’m glad to hear him come out as pro-choice…

46 Likes

33 Likes

download-2

27 Likes

What a Drama Llama.

22 Likes

Political outrage entertainment is big clicks these days! Woohoo!

It’s like paying for the product you don’t want to exist.

14 Likes

33 Likes

Just once, I would love to hear a Democrat reply “I’m asking you to put a piece of paper on your face in order to prevent someone else from dying of a disease that has already killed 600,000 Americans. Is that too difficult for you?”

53 Likes

This dude is always grandstanding.

13 Likes

When you have nothing intelligent to say just drag god or the bible in as your authority and source of knowledge. Pathetic toadies! Just be honest for once and say trump wants me to talk like this so I am. At least people would believe that.

21 Likes

“Dull knife, just ain’t cuttin’…”

28 Likes

Does this florid, pseudo-Biblical rhetoric still play in NC like it did in 1895? Or is he just indulging his inner drama queen?

20 Likes

There have to be some Aaron Sorkinisms tucked in that speech somewhere

3 Likes