Watch: weird MAGA radio host is agog that a paper company has an arboretum

We kind of do the same thing with zoos, don’t we? Help the caged critters survive, but kill the ones whose territory we encroach upon (bears, walrus, etc.).

2 Likes

Stare Staring GIF
I’m trying to process how the right wing has gone from “Oh we love conservation and private management of the land in a sustainable manner” to “LOL this person doesn’t shit where they sleep! Suck it, libs!” I guess fascism just rots the brain.

9 Likes

Well, there’s obviously a Conspiracy going on, then… George Soros is probably involved.
Did the Intrepid Journalist get to the bottom of it?
I can’t be bothered to watch this drivel.

And this :point_up: is why I avoid watching these videos. I’m already stupid enough.
Your sacrifice is appreciated, @DreamboatSkanky.

4 Likes

Of course the paper for currency is still mostly made from cotton and linen.

3 Likes

Of course the big, Jamboree site in WV isn’t a plot of wilderness preserved in something like its natural state. Instead it is a former strip mine.

3 Likes

4 Likes

That would make an epic graphic novel - Lorax, End Of Days. I’d read it!

2 Likes

Oh, no! They sold off the last campground on Lake Candlewood - we camped there at least twice a year every year, including summer merit badge camp. Sigh. I remember when the scouts owned all the land around that lake, you could go canoeing all day and hiking all weekend without encountering a soul.

3 Likes

Capture

2 Likes

He must assume the paper companies are all run by fantasy trope dwarves:
https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0150.html

6 Likes

2 Likes

For an extra dose of “missing the forest for the trees”, I wonder if if would shock this guy to learn the Koch family owns Georgia Pacific and the largest tree farm in America.

3 Likes

His stance is really telling of a conservative mindset. He thinks “these resources (trees) should be the enemy. And if I make them the enemy, then I can exploit them without guilt. So why isn’t this paper company not also making them the enemy?”

It’s akin to the same cruel greedy justification you get from the Old Testament:

The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you cultivate a mindless knee-jerk response to anything even remotely conservationist in nature. Cognitive dissonance isn’t a bug in the conservative mindset, it’s a feature.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.