Weird governor who enjoys making trans youth miserable says she doesn’t know why so many are depressed and anxious, but it makes her “sad"

Originally published at: Weird governor who enjoys making trans youth miserable says she doesn't know why so many are depressed and anxious, but it makes her "sad" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Netflix GIF by Daybreak

38 Likes

Noem is a swine of the highest order, please South Dakota vote this regressive pos out.

29 Likes

I have a plan for her.

43 Likes
4 Likes

Standard conservative denialism that they’re the ones causing this.

Conservatives demonize LGBTQ youth. They repeatedly insist that trans people don’t exist, or are making things up because they’re pedophiles who want to molest girls in bathrooms, or they’re just cross-dressers, etc.

Then LGBTQ youth become depressed and/or commit suicide.

The conservative conclusion: “Gee, they must be depressed because they’re gay. Better pray that away.”

29 Likes

Yup, the standard craven evil stuff they’ve been doing to them for years.

19 Likes

There are about 220,000 youths 5 to 18 years old in South Dakota (per census data). That’s about 220,000 more than I expected. But anyway, if 1 out of every 30,000 women are trans, and 1 out of every 100,000 men (per UC San Fran study) then we end up with 1 trans guy and 4 trans woman, for a grand total of 5 people. She should just have them over for dinner instead of targeting them with legislation!

3 Likes

the statistics from here

Vermont ain’t so hot either.

10 Likes

I’d love to see the signer just unleash a slap aside the gubernatorial noggin.

8 Likes

I despise her and people like her. Unfortunately she’s not even the worst of the GOP governor’s, Abbott still beats her out in being an evil fuck.

13 Likes

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/transgender-population-by-state

Transgender people are part of the LGBTQ+ community. According to the Williams Institute, 1.4 million adults identify as transgender in the United States. About 0.7% of adults 18-24 identify as transgender, and 0.5% of adults 65 and older identify as transgender.

0.7% of 220k would come out to about 1540 folks. That’s a pretty big dinner party.

21 Likes

It’s a race to the bottom with these scum buckets.

17 Likes

They’d have a much better time if she didn’t turn up.

15 Likes

I really hope my governor wins re-election this year or my state is headed in the same fascist direction as every red state.

8 Likes

I feel ya… I’m hoping that we keep trending blue here in GA…

11 Likes

My state is too gerrymandered to turn blue again anytime soon, but dems can win statewide offices.

9 Likes

That’s where we’re at too. But then again, the blue areas have really spread out from where they used to be. When I first moved to the suburban county I live in, it was pretty solidly red, and now it’s pretty solidly blue. So, don’t despair… Things can change for the better.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Asshole: When you accurately describe about the way I abuse you, it hurts me and makes me sad, and that is the worst thing in the whole wide world. How dare you!

Everybody else:
fukkchew

15 Likes