'We'll watch and see.' —House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, asked if he will fight election results showing Biden won

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/18/well-watch-and-see-house-minority-leader-kevin-mccarthy-asked-if-he-will-fight-election-results-showing-biden-won.html

4 Likes

Of course they are going to F it up. It’s what they do.

Traitors.

16 Likes

This guy and his 125 friends can eff right off. Sorry for the language.

8 Likes

Oh yeah? We’ll be watching and seeing, too.

Guillotine_PM

18 Likes

What is it about these criminals butchering turns of phrase? “We’ll watch and see?” Yes, asshat, of course we will. That’s what happens when you watch. Dumbass.

10 Likes

They are producing a made for TV event.

7 Likes

Just trying to keep doubt alive to hang onto that fanbase with the last vestiges of their power.

But, in the end, they’ll do nothing and like it.

2 Likes

Kevin McCarthy, or as his friends know him, Congressman Shit-heel.

3 Likes

Not a fan of sedition, but linguistically watch and see are completely independent of each other. You can certainly watch for something and never see it; and you can certainly see something without having been watching for it.

I declare this grammatical construction valid.

2 Likes

The term is supposed to be “wait and see.”

10 Likes

I’m not doubting that it functions grammatically, although it is awkward phrasing at best. The turn of phrase he is failing at is “wait and see”. His inability to recall the phrase correctly is reflective of the doublethink going on in GOP brains.

6 Likes

Thank you for greatly increasing our understanding of American politics and language usage in general with pointless pedantry.

6 Likes

I’m going propose a new grammatical structure: “Watch this, motherfucker.”

tenor

8 Likes

My view of Congressional Republicans as cowards and opportunists remains unchanged by Rep. McCarthy’s response.

6 Likes

No problem, every little bit helps

7 Likes

Ha, that’s great, thanks! Most fun I had all thread, would do again.

heart-eyes-mf

5 Likes

‘We’?
Who is this ‘we’?
The only people entitled to use that word when referring to themselves are:
Royalty (and the sooner they all go extinct, the better)
Pregnant women
People with worms

Since he certainly isn’t Royalty, nor is a woman, perhaps he is trying to tell us something about his medical condition…

He is seditious!
The only proper answer to that question is an immediate and emphatic ‘NO’!

2 Likes

I assumed he meant “congressional Republicans.”

2 Likes

I assume that means “No, but I can’t say it because Cheeto Benito and his death cult will throw a fit if I do.”

3 Likes