Wells Fargo fires VP who peed on another passenger during an international air flight

Originally published at: Wells Fargo fires VP who peed on another passenger during an international air flight | Boing Boing

7 Likes

FTA, this was one of two incidents in the past month. I’m not saying that after the first incident a clear message should’ve been sent as a deterrent…

kick in nuts GIF

…but I’d understand.

27 Likes

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

8 Likes

For the life of me, I can’t imagine what thought processes and/or sequence of events would lead someone to pee on someone else in airplane.

13 Likes

And that’s why you don’t have a job at Wells Fargo.

36 Likes

Air India said it banned Mishra from its flights for a month.

A whole month, you say? Well now, problem solved, I guess!

After the incident, the crew reportedly brought Mishra face-to-face with the victim against her wishes

Oh, I take it back - what a masterful handling of the situation. Truly, after having gone through this shit, what the victim really needed was to be confronted by the dude again.

Reportedly he was drunk, so not so much with the “thinking,” but… still. That just raises more questions, really.

14 Likes

I just finished reading this book. The author makes a solid case for the existence of a caste system in the US, all tangled up with racism of course, but more than that.

Painful reading, but important.

13 Likes

Exactly! Alcohol lowers inhibitions, so it means on some level he just wants to pee on strangers in public? I don’t get it.

7 Likes

I have a hard time accepting the term “incivility” in situations like this, because it always seems to be synonymous with rudeness. The examples of inconsiderate behavior in the article don’t compare, because this was an assault. There have been people charged in the US for intentionally spitting on others, and this case is much worse.

It’s true that systemic racism, fostering a sense of supremacy, and “othering” those who are different can be major causes of basic unequal consideration and treatment. However, when those views cross the line into physical contact that’s a whole other category. What always gets me is the projection - when folks who believe they are superior and describe others as subhuman behave like animals in a zoo or pets that haven’t been housebroken.

Nancy Pelosi Congress GIF by Storyful

15 Likes

Maybe the VP was attempting to give back via trickle-down economics.

4 Likes

So much for meritocracy. Those people are asking to be severely pamphleted!

4 Likes

Back in the day, I was a commercial bicycle courier in San Francisco, with many regular stops at Hell’s Cargo HQ on Montgomery Street. Their mailroom’s coffee was not as good as that at the Hills Brothers site, but it wasn’t as bad as what Bank of America or AAA served. ;(

Once he realized what he’d done, he signed her up for 30 accounts without her knowledge, to try and get back in Wells Fargo’s favor.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.