'We're gonna lose over 100,000 perhaps,' Trump says of deaths, and 'Nobody blames me for that' on job losses

He’s getting his name on everything: we’ve got the Trump pandemic, Trump depression, etc.

We’ll want to be sure he sees his name in big letters as he goes through the gates of Trump maximum security prison.

22 Likes

D. John Trump Presidential Penitentiary.

It does have a nice ring to it.

14 Likes

Dear Dumbass Donnie:

That is all.

Sincerely,

Melz

33 Likes

Waiting for the guy who will say that he’s terrible, but still way better than Hillary.

6 Likes

Do you hold millions of his debt and/or kompromat? If not, you’re nobody to him.

5 Likes

Remember when he said at most two or three people would die from this? I do.

Him admitting “We’re gonna lose over 100,000 perhaps” tells me it will be a million at least. The man still wouldn’t be right if his entire left side fell off.

23 Likes

His entire existence is predicated on the continuous piling up of bullshit. If he did not do it he would not know he existed. ‘Bullshitto ergo sum’ is his motto.

17 Likes

Oh, I’m well aware that I’m nobody to him. We are all nobody to him. But enough of us can vote him out of office if we stand together.

7 Likes

I blame him. Totally. I’ve been blaming him since February.

18 Likes

Of what year? Personally, I go with 2016.

22 Likes

This is just your normal everyday politics/business/religion argument: if something good happened then it was all because of me but if something bad happened then it was the opposition party/competitor/devil. Difficult-to-impossible to prove so it is sort of the universal solvent of disputation.

7 Likes

I blame him. Yep, here in my blue corner of my red state, I surely do blame him.

When I was a civil servant, the only things we could be fired for were misfeasance, malfeasance, and nonfeasance. He has done all three. Can’t we fire him? /s

16 Likes

1-2 million has been my estimate from the beginning.

3 Likes

I spoke with someone today, a salesperson who keeps in touch about projects they’re trying to get sent their way. They said that they are so glad things are opening up, and asked when we could get lunch. They were kind of disappointed when I said that I don’t feel comfortable going out, let along going out to eat, while people are not taking the pandemic seriously.

I wonder what it’s going to take for the rest of the USians to recognize reality.

24 Likes

It’s 100,000 today, but that number is going to go down very rapidly. Soon it will be zero.

9 Likes

This year?

The virus ain’t going anywhere. Just wait for the bump in the fall.

Man my kids are missing school. Never thought I’d say that when I had to wake them up at 6:30 every day.

5 Likes

He draw strength from the example of the King of Ephyra.

1 Like

In Catholicism at least it is generally the opposite. Anything good is God’s doing. Anything bad is on me.

4 Likes

DS9-sisko-nah

It very much is not normal, no. These are not normal circumstances.

Them or their loved ones getting ill and dying?

17 Likes

I dunno, the job loss isn’t on him as much as the deaths and complete mishandling the situation. We have a month head start and did almost nothing in that time.

Stay at home orders is going to tank the economy and job loss. I am not sure how one could stop that. The best they can do is a check to help people, which they should probably do again here soon, IMO.

Even with states “opening up” we won’t see everyone going back to work, nor are people going to be shopping and entertaining themselves out of the house like they were, thus job demand will be lower. And that will effect a lot of the “work from home” white collar folks.

Its going to be bad for awhile.

8 Likes