West Hollywood unanimously approves permanent removal of Trump's Walk of Fame star

Let’s get this party started!

Black Banana

tumblr_pczm0cIKbf1vrtqoqo1_400

15 Likes

Aye, it’s a tourist trap. But if they remove his star, it’ll be a slightly improved tourist trap. Honestly would like to see Cosby’s go too, but I’ll settle for Trump’s.

8 Likes

Again, what Cosby did and what 45 did and is still doing is not comparable.

Last I heard, people weren’t chomping at the bit to bust up Cosby’s star or take a shit on it.

4 Likes

Striped breathmint?

11 Likes

It seems weird even as a symbolic motion - if Hollywood LA unanimously decided to do this, that would be symbolic (because I suspect the CoC set it up so the the city council has limited influence). As an essentially unrelated city that happens to share the name, I suspect this is less “telling a neighbor to take some tacky shit off their lawn” and more shit-stirring protest, as plenty of article writers and headlines (like this one) mistakenly believe they have control over it and suggest that this is something that is going to happen because they made this decision.

It’s pretty easy for them to make that decision, really - the star walk is controlled by the chamber of commerce of the city of Hollywood LA, where it’s located. This vote does nothing. Even any negative publicity from this decision will be mistakenly directed at Hollywood LA, not West Hollywood. As an act of driving trollies the city neighborhood of Hollywood/city of LA, this is an A+ effort, though.

You were right the first time. Although there are some minor qualifiers to get a star (must have at least five years experience in that entertainment field), the major factor in getting a star is paying the $40,000 fee to the Chamber of Commerce. Trump got his for the Apprentice, and was no doubt nominated (and paid for) by the network as a promotional scheme for the show. This apparently happens quite a bit. Even Dennis Hopper got his star because HBO went through the process and paid for it as a promotion for a show of theirs he was in.

1 Like

Pink Melon :watermelon:

8 Likes

It’s yet another denouncement of 45; that’s peer pressure.

Enough pressure will bust a steel pipe…

8 Likes

Blue Wrap (Okay, that could work. Good thing I didn’t wear my purple boxers today.)

7 Likes

As such it could very likely work to create the pressure needed to remove it.

Now that this is the news, the city of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce are going to be facing a lot more public scrutiny on whether they share their neighbor’s assessment of Trump’s star.

6 Likes

Black chocolate chip cookie…

O_o

13 Likes

It’s been reported that trump will only let studios film at his properties if he gets a cameo. Most of the time the studio works it in that the footage may be cut in editing and they end up dropping it. Plus everyone said he was a terror to work with on set:

According to Matt Damon, one of the many ways that compulsion has manifested itself is an insistence on having cameos in movies and TV shows filmed on Trump-owned properties — which should come as a surprise to approximately no one. “The deal was that if you wanted to shoot in one of his buildings, you had to write him in a part,” says Damon in response to a question about whether he’s ever actually met Trump. “You have to waste an hour of your day with a bullshit shot.” According to the actor, standard practice was for Trump’s scenes to never make it past the cutting-room floor.

source: indiewire

On set, his temperament was often not so agreeable. Interviews with the directors and producers who worked with him reveal erratic and sometimes obnoxious behavior while filming. He threw a fit backstage during a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air shoot, for instance, and got extra cozy with female models on the set of the film 54. “As a producer, I found him incredibly pompous,” says Eric Kopeloff, who worked with Trump for an ill-fated cameo in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Kim Dempster, a filmmaker who directed him in a 2004 movie, found him to be rude and casually sexist. And Madeline Zima, the young actress from the ’90s sitcom The Nanny, says Trump tried to hit on her 19-year-old caretaker when he appeared on the show in 1996.

Trump’s appearance on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is charming. His behavior backstage during the shoot was not. According to a member of the crew—who spoke on condition of anonymity because she fears jeopardizing her current job—Trump threw a small tantrum backstage. He was holding a paper-clipped stack of pages with his lines when he became annoyed about something. He motioned as if to hand them off to then wife Marla Maples and, when she reached for them, threw them all over the floor so the pages went flying. Executive producer Gary H. Miller recalls being summoned to Trump’s dressing room because the guest star was worried his lines weren’t funny enough.

In 1996 Trump appeared on an episode of Fran Drescher’s sitcom The Nanny written by Nastaran Dibai and her late husband, Jeffrey Hodes. Dibai wasn’t on set that day but remembers her husband saying Trump was “really arrogant.” Madeline Zima, the actress who played young Grace Sheffield, doesn’t remember interacting with Trump—she was just 11—but does say he managed to hit on her 19-year-old cousin, her legal guardian at the time. Meanwhile, Trump edited the script to make him seem richer. Recalls Peter Marc Jacobson, who created the show with Drescher: “We sent the script to Mr. Trump, and in return I got a message from casting that said, “Mr. Trump has a problem with the line ‘Do all you handsome millionaires know each other?’ Since he’s a billionaire, he would like the line changed accordingly.”

Eddie was the first of two Whoopi Goldberg comedies to feature Trump. The executive producer, Ron Bozman, recalls that the Trump cameo took all of 10 minutes to film. And though scarce direction was needed, Trump did not take direction particularly well. “He was quite, let’s say, aloof about it,” Bozman says. “I suggested a slight shading of delivery. He looked at me like I was a total idiot. He looked at me like, ‘Nobody tells me what to say.’ He was arrogant about taking any direction.”

Trump’s cameo in 54 appeared in the theatrical release but got nixed from both the original DVD release and the director’s cut. Mark Christopher doesn’t remember much about filming Trump. “He sure did like the ladies at the party afterwards. In fact, he liked two at once.The image that is burned into my memory is looking across the table and seeing Donald between two young women. He had one hand on one young woman’s thigh and his other hand on the other’s thigh."

Trump agreed to appear in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and director Oliver Stone recounted Trump’s cockiness made filming difficult, and the director cut the cameo from the final film because he found it “distracting.” The morning of the shoot an email from Trump’s assistant arrived which producer Eric Kopeloff described as “absolutely absurd! He should be shot like this! The lighting should be like this! You can only shoot him from this side of his face to make his golden hair glow. It’s so absurd. Also, he wants his own separate monitor so he can see what he looks like right after being shot." The filmmakers ignored the demands, but couldn’t ignore Trump’s terrible acting. Donald showed up late and after the first take, he turned to Stone and exclaimed: “Oliver! Wasn’t that great? Wasn’t that amazing? Oh my God, that was so great!” But as Kopeloff recalls “It wasn’t good! It was awful! He’s awful! It’s terrible! Horrible! And we do it again. But after every single take, it’s the same thing: ‘Wasn’t that amazing? Michael, wasn’t that great? It was so great! Great, great, great!’ After about nine or 10 takes, I think it was very clear to all of us—and it wasn’t spoken—that we were done." Other complications made working with Trump a nightmare. For one, Trump’s team reportedly insisted on a contract banning the hairdressers from touching his hair. For another, paparazzi showed up to snap photos of the shoot, leading the producers to suspect that Trump may have tipped them off.

source: newsweek

18 Likes

Pink protein bar?

10 Likes

Commando Honey Bun?

19 Likes

You’re in the top 5.

14 Likes

Is that grey poop on?

10 Likes

Mustard Huffer?

11 Likes

Blue Salad

9 Likes

Yeah, it is some pressure on them - because Hollywood LA is mistakenly being credited/blamed with already deciding to take it out, it creates an interesting dynamic. They have less to lose by actually deciding to take it out because they’re already feeling the negative effects of that decision… that they didn’t make.
(The irony in this whole thing is that politics played a role in the walk of fame from the start - only a lawsuit saw Charlie Chaplin(!) get his star, because the whole thing started in the '50s and Charlie was famously a leftie.)

That and my own “Navy Blue Mulberry Ice-cream” sound more like culinary disasters/experiments with food coloring. Methinks this is an unlikely name-generation system…

12 Likes

Right?

I wouldn’t eat either concoction…

7 Likes

… Green … Cereal?

Somehow I don’t think I’ll be getting much action. Which is fine by me :wink:

11 Likes