West Virginia GOP hangs a poster calling Rep. Ilhan Omar a terrorist in state capitol

I and my WV born spouse were proud to vote for Ilhan and thus far we’ve seen no reason to not do it again.

15 Likes

I have seen the silence maneuver before with conservatives. When challenged to back up their assertion, they will not even dare mention their source, only insist that they are right.

Same motivation here, fear of being revealed publicly as the gullible racist shitbags that they are. Remaining silent is the only cover they can take.

6 Likes

I reiterate: The GOP must be destroyed.

And I want to be very clear about what I mean by this, because it’s easy to be misconstrued.

Currently there is a Republican Party.

There should not be.

11 Likes

So, clarify for me. Is the poster implying that the “ideology” refers to having Muslims in congress, which would be exceptionally racist, or the “ideology” that says kill those who think differently, which could, arguably, be accurate. The fact that she says “walks the halls of congress” makes me think it is the former.

1 Like

“DEMOCRATS FOUNDED THE KKK!”
“So we should definitely ban the Klan.”
“FUCK NO, THAT’S OUR BASE!”

20 Likes

The only way I can read it is as the former.

2 Likes

I agree that is the straight forward read. I guess I am allowing for the possibility that she may be making a poorly worded comment on the similarities between radical Islam and radical republicans. Change a word or two and the talking points could be pretty interchangeable. Sadly, that is most likely way too generous and it just another idiot making a racist screed supporting a party that has pretty much devolved into a racist screed.

I suppose that in context another interpretation is possible, but I can’t see how she could be saying that Republican ideology crashed into the twin towers. I suppose it could be that Republicans initially funded Bin Laden, but I doubt that’s what she means.

No, nowhere near that deep. Only that the “destroy those who dare to be unlike us” is a thought process in common with both the bin Laden wing of Islamism and in the alt.right wing of republicanism. No real linkage as such between the two, just extreme hate and fear of “other.” But that does require way to much interpretation for this context. 95% certainty this is the posting of a racist asshole.

2 Likes

your first artistic endeavor was a trump doll?

This needs to be one of those animate voice over things.

5 Likes

If we’re doing that, I want a little time to expand the script a little. I wouldn’t want to leave out:

“TAXATION IS SLAVERY!”
“So black people are right to be angry about slavery?”
“SLAVERY WASN’T SO BAD, BLACK PEOPLE LOVED BEING SLAVES!”

Also:

“THIS IS A HIGH-TECH LYNCHING!”
“Please vote for this anti-lynching legislation.”
“NOOO, LYNCHING WAS NEVER A BIG PROBLEM, AND YOUR BILL PROTECTS GAYS!”

and

“THIS IS WORSE THAN THE HOLOCAUST!”
“What do you think of George Soros?”
“I SEND OVEN MEMES TO JEWS ON TWITTER!”

13 Likes

Not wanting to discuss your actions is proof you can’t defend them

5 Likes

Neither party has an impeccable track record on racism, but if the question is “which party is demonstrably more racist in 2019?” it’s not even a topic that should be open for discussion.

7 Likes

Uh, what? No.

“If the fight against Communism is made a fight between America’s two great political parties, the American people know that one of these parties will be destroyed and a republic cannot endure very long as a one-party system.”

1 Like

Another party would automatically form. Perhaps from the third-way “centrists”?

Yes. There’s plenty of opposition to the Democratic Party that, unlike the Republicans, is fucking interested and engaged in the national project.They’re wasting the space. And Americans need to stop fucking checking under the bed for Stalinists. That time is gone. Look out the fucking window where the crosses are burning.

10 Likes

For once I disagree with you. Liberal racism is a different kind of racism, not one that’s less worse than overt bigotry.

And I’ve often thought, and heard it said, that it’s liberal racism that’s worse, because it can be more difficult to combat.

8 Likes

Ah yes, the righteous indignation, empty outrage, sound, and fury of the “It’s us versus them, and they must be destroyed!” moral battle cry, found in the rhetoric of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Donald Trump, Charles Coughlin, and Adolf Hitler.

1 Like

Well, I’d be glad to see the Republican Party die, and then let today’s Dems take on the name, since they’re already de facto Republican lites. Then let’s have the Dems replaced by something that’s at least as far to the left as Dems used to be, even a few decades ago.

12 Likes