We've reached peak avocado toast with this chocolate bar

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/11/weve-reached-peak-avocado-to.html

3 Likes

7 Likes

A $10 chocolate bar! I can almost taste the wealth disparity that this represents. Dear Los Angelenos: don’t waste your money on this bullshit, and instead put your cash toward solving your homelessness crisis. Thanks!

3 Likes

That looks like a photo of a Boomer kid, who’s probably also anticipating how his Millenial kids won’t be able to buy a car and house (like he will in his own future) because they’re spending too much money on these awful-sounding chocolate bars.

For those unfamilar with the saga of avocado toast:

8 Likes

Millionaires are famous for encouraging everyone else with the very best advice on how to join their club!

Giving freely to those who are no threat is the root of capitalist accumulation, right?

2 Likes

I struggle to think of any worthwhile application for white chocolate. There’s the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme, perhaps, but apparently that is now more of an oil-based confection.

I think an avocado chocolate bar might be interesting. Not something i’d buy more than once though…

1 Like

White chocolate? urrgh!
$10? You gotta be kidding!

1 Like

Creamy white chocolate blended with premium California avocados and crunchy bits of caramelized toast

Haters gonna hate, but that sounds scrumptious to me! I’d eat that (once anyway)

2 Likes

OMG Avocados belong in guacamole chased with margaritas.

5 Likes

Avocado - the Bacon of Vegetables (or is it a fruit? it’s green so I just assumed veg)
best served ripe with the pit removed and a spoon, maybe a sprinkle of salt and/or some balsamic vinegar (the good stuff not the US crap)

You could convince me that avocado oil is good for making chocolate (the brown kind! even calling white chocolate chocolate is nails-on-a-chalkboard to me) but throwing in toast? wtf people!?

2 Likes

I had to look that up because of you.

“You might be inclined to call it a vegetable, thanks to its green hue and savory taste, but the avocado is technically a fruit, and even more specifically, a single-seeded berry. A fruit is “the matured ovary of a flower,” according to University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources. Fruits consist of a tough outer layer (the skin or rind), a middle layer we typically think of as the flesh of the fruit and a casing around a seed (or seeds). Avocado is further classified as a fleshy as opposed to a dry fruit, and a berry rather than a drupe, which has tough pits or stones, like peaches” (HUFFPO)

2 Likes

Avocados do not belong in chocolate bars. Well, maybe they do, actually. A friend has started putting them in chocolate brownies and cakes, and they’re great…

1 Like

Hmm. This is news to me, although sure; it makes sense.

That said, I’ll admit I’m childish enough that, now knowing this, it will be some time before I can go through the produce section of the grocery store and not be thinking about this.

It’s the red light district of Safeway.

And it really tweaks what I think of this: Cactus juicer - Boing Boing

$9.95 for a chocolate bar is too rich for my blood sugar.

2 Likes

Sure. Why not.

3 Likes

my juvenile side (which is dominant) will be giggling as I fondle … er… inspect avocados.

Avocados can be used as a substitute for eggs or butter in some baking recipes because of the fat content :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The flower department is the red light district. The produce section is something more like the Handmaid’s Tale.

5 Likes

$22 dollars? where is this jackass getting his avocado toast?

8 Likes

You know I like avocados and I like white chocolate (I don’t like the name) but this is not a combination I endorse. Unlike tasty peanut butter and chocolate and damn it I want a Reese’s Cup now.

4 Likes