What ever happened to white dog poop so popular in the 1970s?

Now that you mention, I used to see white dog poop up until the late 90s but I can’t recall the last time I saw it. I think other countries (southern hemisphere, anyone?) phased out meat and bone meal later than US.

Fortunately I don’t recall my family dogs passing white poop at that period, so I think at least we fed them with good quality food.

2 Likes

White Dog Poo Replacement Theory?

4 Likes

This is what they took from you.

4 Likes

My favorite cover band, Crystal Shit!

4 Likes

Wow. . .

1 Like

Hyenas chew through bones and have poop white enough to use as chalk (source: some fairly bad TED talk).

4 Likes

This is what I was going to say–that there’s no white poop around because people don’t leave their dogs’ poo lying around for weeks at a time anymore. I’ve certainly seen dried-up white canine poo (probably from coyotes) out in the wilds. Maybe they eat more calcium? Or maybe they just don’t have a pooper-scooper.

1 Like

Ah, those little, crumbly white ones… Yes, it’s the food.

2 Likes

Today I learned I lived through the era of white dog poo and never.noticed.

3 Likes

A part of me is a little nervous that with this factoid circulating, if it were go viral enough, would push dog food companies to market food based on making tidier, easier to collect poop (rather than actual mutritional value…)

1 Like

Just an aside: About 15 years ago, US comedian Sarah Silverman (and her sister) sang a very-short song called "(Whatever Happened To That) White Dog Poop From the 70s. I think it was from her show on Comedy Central.

The only video I can find is this fan-made one.
song- White Dog Poop -song

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Comrade. :smile::+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.