My own childhood experience with flaming wax makes me wish he didn’t edit out the part where he dealt with the fire. There probably were fireballs.
this guy is a candidate for a Darwin Award
I think he’s on to something.
That was extremely satisfying
“How could this have happened? I did everything right! I used a stove, a pan, an iPhone, wax crayons, and fire. How could this have happened?”
BB you used to be better then this
Did it? What isn’t wonderful about a hot wax bath for an iPhone?
The gentleman failed to burn his house down.
Well it was a relatively contained fire. He probably could have just let it burn out on top of the stove, unlike the guy who lit the bin full of tissues while doing stupid lighter tricks.
Because, why not?
@shaddack: why does it burn twice?
Because it’s better to know, and knowing is half the battle.
I’d say the first time it is the electrolyte, the propylene carbonate, boiled off and then ignited by the heat released from the shorted battery. The second flare up is from the less volatile materials, possibly the remains of electrolyte boiled off the battery electrodes and the decomposition products of the polyolefin membrane.
It makes a hover board?
See? This is SPECIFICALLY why we need to keep this dude around here.
Would you say you’re disappointed?
Or, you know, throw baking soda on it, or have a fire extinguisher handy, that you have up until now refrained from emptying by running around blasting it off exubrantly. I remember that second one was sometimes a bit tough back when I was in college, though.