What is the deal with this useless vending machine notice?

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

1 Like

The Mgt

What wonderful nonsense!

For the first time ever, a story from Florida has increased my respect for the state…though I suspect it’s not deliberately amusing.

1 Like

Uhm… wait.

Is there any law stopping people from displaying that notice on their vending machines without getting the registration certificate?

Usually, forging a certificate is a crime that carries more penalties than not having the certificate in the first place. Therefore, 9 out of 10 people who would try to get away with doing X without having a proper certificate will stop short of displaying a forged certificate, so that makes enforcing the rules easier.

But can there ever be a law that prevents people from posting that “NOTICE TO CUSTOMER” wherever they please? It’s a true statement about Florida law, after all.

This machine brought to you by

Big Sticker

2 Likes

No doubt there is a whole bureaucracy of vending machine sticker inspectors, and managers for those inspectors, probably some well paid administrator to run the whole thing as well. And the inspectors are supplied with state-owned vehicles, which are kept at some large facility, and maintained on site. And the people who maintain the sticker inspection vehicles have their own administration. There is no doubt an annual sticker inspection convention, where inspectors and supervisors stay at state expense, and discuss new sticker inspection trends and technologies.

4 Likes

We have these kinds of vending machines at the company.

1 Like

ha, I had the same idea :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.