What is the meaning of this unusual sticker spotted on a jeep?

It’s a theme lately where you add trans- (as in transsexual) compatibility and make things more awesome. Cis- would be the normcore-looking relationship where the alkanes of your relationships draw males from male stock and females from female stock without drawing the same person for both roles (nee’ carbon functionalizations.) And cis- fats would have saturation on every other side or so rather than across all carbons (plus citric acid at times.) It’s insanely regressive to expect capital to pay back before reinvesting in most markets too, so there again is encouragement to draw diversity not just in (investment in) orthogonal gains but some cis- that show performance along communities’ shared development interests (e.g. interior decorators and ink formulists as well as fine artists.)

100% sticker is preventive pre-talk by County health…agent?

14 Likes

[quote=“dontpanicbobby, post:60, topic:159289, full:true”]
What the hell is cis- ? and why am I seeing it so much lately? [/quote]

Hmmm… when I don’t know a word (or prefix), I try looking it up first before blurting xenophobic-sounding statements like

10 Likes

Maybe someone just put some random English sentence…

7 Likes

If you are making a generalization about one gender or another, there’s frequently someone waiting in the wings to challenge you for excluding trans men and trans women. By specifying cisgender roles, hopefully its made clear these are the old gender roles being talked about.

In a John Varley future, changing sex would be about as much hassle as getting gall bladder surgery, and carry about as much stigma. Until then, it pays to be careful with the pronouns.

1 Like

Cis-trans isomerism. Or, in discussions about humans, cis people as opposed to trans people.

3 Likes

I am Xenophobic. Space aliens scare the crap out of me. Earth for Earthlings is my motto.

1 Like

Is the YYZ chromosome something only people from Toronto have?

Or some kind of bird person?

2 Likes

So you encountered @Flossaluzitarin in person and didn’t get a photo?!

11 Likes

This. No one argued the mom is always the better parent in these situations. Most of us just doubt a mom put this on her car. In this particular situation the dad is probably a jackass.

12 Likes

That’s not the reasonable assumption I made. I assume this is the husband’s Jeep and he and mom share a similar group of friends or coworkers. Perhaps the same company, gym, just are at the same places a lot. Sure it’s an asshole move, but he is applying social pressure to her (you know if all these other assumptions we are making are correct) much like women do when putting their ex’s on blast via social media for not paying child support.

What I do know is none of us know all the details and all this is speculation.

1 Like

Oh right, this could be one of those intentionally public shaming campaigns that the kid remains completely unaware of. Daddy probably leaves this car locked safely away on his visitation weekends and drives a different one whenever Junior vusits because he’d never subject his own child to that kind of public humiliation.

How silly of me.

13 Likes

A sociobiological approach! Finally, it’s turning around! Soon you’ll see the merits of comparing yourselves to lobsters crawfish!

Just never tell the kids a divorce happened until they’re full grown. That’s how my family handled it with me.
I do have one child, one family status seeing as I’m an only child.

I was wondering the same thing a while ago, and was also disinclined to look it up. After pondering on it for a bit I came up with it being an acronym for “carved in stone”. I only ever see it in relation to sexuality and referencing straight people who identify as the gender they were born as and don’t expect to change.

Alternative explanation, the person who owns this was never married and doesn’t even have a kid, just an incel MRA playing his fantasies in public.

3 Likes

Whatever you’re smoking, I want some of it.

5 Likes

On a related note: spotted (somewhat) recently

2 Likes

This bumper sticker confirms why I (mostly) hate people…

1 Like

Man, those space pants sure do look like the slenderizing pants in the Monty Python sketch

1 Like

That’s no wolf; get a load of that domed cranium.

Wolfen, obviously.

2 Likes