What it would cost to build Trump's snake-and-alligator border moat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/14/many-frozen-baby-rats.html

2 Likes

Can someone price out the alternative option, Sharks with Fricking Laser Beams?

24 Likes

Český Krumlov Castle has BEARS!!!

11 Likes

The moat at Nagoya castle had alligator gars in it.

9 Likes

Forget the cost, I just want to see Biff’s totally rad crayon drawing of his border moat.

19 Likes

How well do alligators do in high desert?

15 Likes

Look, flying in the right kind of ice from Greenland and melting it in bespoke ice-melting ovens to fill the moat doesn’t come cheap, but it’s totally worth it.

7 Likes

Oh sure, it’ll cost several billion . . . but then Donnie will refuse to pay and send his lawyers after the moat-diggers and alligator-farmers.

“These gators are sub-par quality, not the high-end man-eaters like I wanted, and I think you slipped some crocs and caimans in there too, total rip-off!”

[ETA: ok, well, maybe that’s a good thing, since he’d be using our tax dollars.]

5 Likes

It leaves out the biggest cost – the plumbing. A 2,000 mile artificial river through a desert ain’t cheap

12 Likes

And over mountains.

12 Likes

related:
Mama gator with babies from this weekend

If he can just move the border to south Louisiana the gator filled water is free

15 Likes

Would it be appropriate for one to assume that a significant portion of those 1,954,000 motherfucking snakes would be transported in motherfucking planes?

21 Likes

I don’t think Trump is planning to allow snakebite treatment for the border crossers; he would rather that they suffer a lingering death or protracted and painful recovery, pour encourager les autres.

5 Likes

Does not include the main issue: moats only work on level land, moats on hilly land will essentially be rivers which require, water in desert areas, pumps, and some mechanism to move alligators and snakes back uphill. Then there’s the inevitable stocking of the Rio Grande, Colorado, and other border crossing rivers with snakes and alligators.

On the upside refugees trying to cross will be able to refill their water bottles at the border

10 Likes
8 Likes

10 Likes

There are alternatives… though they might rely on illegal aliens.

7 Likes

Couldn’t we save a little by creating alligator/snake hybrids?

Imagine an alligator with a 9 snakes for a tail and every time an immigrant chops one off two more grow.

And maybe electric stun teeth. And adamantium skin. And a gaze that turns you into a Republican.

9 Likes

Or they could be canals. With locks. The orange fuckwit would totally go for a border with locks. Let’s hope someone tells him, but doesn’t explain.

8 Likes

Ex-FL man here. Gators (grilled) taste good and are surprisingly easy to catch (as long as you hold their mouths shut until you can stab something in their head). So food supply for the migrants?

I can’t comment on the snakes, although I imagine too many tiny bones.

7 Likes