What taking the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator says about you

I’ll grant that, to a degree. Anything that expands the capacity for empathy seems good, though the specific taxonomy, jargon, and granularity could be limiting, and perhaps even lead to inaccurate stereotypes.

2 Likes

:confused:

aha! an istp would say that! :wink:

4 Likes

It absolutely does, and that’s crap. Hence my “misused” remark.

2 Likes

… “actual psychology” has 298

2 Likes

298 seems strangely precise. they should consider setting it at 8 billion or so for accuracy.

4 Likes

… the last 2 are being hidden from us by Big Shrink

4 Likes

Oh! I forgot my favorite thing about the company behind Myers-Briggs! They constantly put out stuff about historical figures and what their types were!

It’s a self-reported test! You can’t take it for someone else! That would mean you are just making up stuff!!!

Oh…right

4 Likes

Good lord! Business astrology is exactly what it is.

5 Likes

I know, right? I’m going to ALA in June – I wonder if anyone has it there? I may need to buy in bulk.

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s a personality test based on your favourite albums. Certainly I feel I know how well we’ll get along and how much I want to get along with you based on that. Myers- Briggs Types feel as relevant to me as your astrological sign.

2 Likes

Of course there is! And it looks like hot garbage! Gonna go take it now!

Made a thread:

1 Like

Meh. Theophratus had 30.

2 Likes

When the number of personality types reaches the Names of God, the stars will go out,

4 Likes

At one time I had a terrible boss who signed us all up for a seminar where we were supposed to take the MBTI. I left the test sitting on my desk until the last minute, and to save time I ended up using my HP 48 calculator’s random number generator to answer the questions which seemed easier than choosing the answers myself.

The seminar was this tedious thing where the presenter would give everyone their results one letter at a time and then yammer on for a while about E vs. I and on and on. I had taken the MBTI in a high school psychology class and got ENTP that time, and as the seminar revealed my (calculator’s) Myers-Briggs type, the letters came out E . . . N . . . T . . . P. At least I know why I like my calculator so much, we’re the same type.

7 Likes

The reason why the five factors are no more than five is a pretty reason.
Because they are not six?
Yes, indeed: thou wouldst make a good fool.

1 Like

Monster ingratitude!

2 Likes

Join the Marine Society and do both!

3 Likes

Never go full CDG…

This reminds me of those amazing little libraries in steamer trunks they used to deliver to lighthouses.

3 Likes