'What the f*ck' — Elon Musk coronavirus meltdown on Tesla earnings call, 'Give people back their god damn freedom'

Fixed in accordance with Boing Boing Style Guide.

13 Likes

There’s a guy who can keep his head in a crisis. (Bonus points if he was slipping a pair of wire cutters back into his pocket when he said it.)

20 Likes

I don’t think in his future we own these vehicles.

I think we rent them through an app. And I don’t think we’re “vehicle users”, because that makes his company liable for things. I think we’re “application users.”

15 Likes

Whatever. All I know is that Musk is still leaning heavily on the business models that let him sell as many vehicles as possible instead of the ones that move people around most efficiently. That’s why he keeps proposing ridiculous plans to build anthill-like networks of tunnels for individual vehicles to get around densely populated cities instead of proposing plans that would get more cars off the road.

17 Likes

But the whole point was that your be able to pay for the Tesla you bought by sending it out to be a self-driving taxi in (checks old tweets) 2018!

10 Likes

Boy, I used to like Elon Musk quite a bit, back when I longed for ‘billionaires that are bizarre and strange’ but he’s spent the last year really trying his best to prove dislikable, for all the reasons other people have posted here.

I still think it’s good what Tesla is doing in terms of normalizing EVs, but I’ll be happy when there’s more competition and he isn’t the name on the tin as much.

13 Likes

Shrapnel in the dick.
I like it.

5 Likes
3 Likes

These tech bros are one and the same - entitled, ayn rand loving fuckwits with many of them having links to the far right. But this is how you get to them, follow the money…

11 Likes

xhss9

16 Likes

Yeah that was bad wording on my part and I’ll just own the mistake :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I wonder if blow darts are considered safe unstable-executive neutralizer in a pandemic?

8 Likes

Billionaires are sociopaths, and their existence is a policy mistake. Every one of them. Even the “good ones” are still taking a crap ton of money they don’t need to run their “good ventures.”

14 Likes

I would argue whether you own them now to be honest, certainly not without giving them a crap-ton of telemetry down to even knowing the weights of individual occupants or remotely disabling features as and when they decide. Cory often says that if you don’t pay for the product then you are the product but like john deere tractors even when you pay for the product you’re still the product.

11 Likes

related?

15 Likes

Maybe Musk could go volunteer in a hospital or care home for a bit, Yeah, he’d be a massive liability, I know.

5 Likes

So, when you going to make HIM your president?

That’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works.

2 Likes

The fact that it actually would still probably be a major improvement really does say something, huh?

4 Likes

So Elon Musk is Hollingsworth Hound’s secret identity? No wonder I’ve never seen them together: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/22/lucky-ducky-and-the-covid-cris.html

6 Likes