What was in the safe

Not at all. The safe has value in itself now because it’s usable.

Probably at least 400 bucks worth of value.

Also fill it with these:

22 Likes

We did it! For human beings everywhere!

41 Likes

Thank you, Jeff, for spearheading the campaign!

27 Likes

Thank the contributors most of all! We have literally nothing to show for it, thanks to your generosity!

(Well, we did offer a small stimulus package to locksmiths in the Pittsburgh, PA area I suppose.)

33 Likes

Well it was all about the journey, man. Right? Right? Hello…

We were so preoccupied with whether or not we could that we didn’t stop to think if we should and if the camera had panned around to see the contents of that briefcase we might’ve seen that marsellus wallace had a penchant for foil-wrapped chocolate coins.

18 Likes

Money from when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Must be worth a fortune :wink:

16 Likes

Snhhhh!
The wife still thinks that I was making a charitable contribution on GoFundMe.

21 Likes

Here’s my Important Question…

Can Rob’s head fit in the safe?

Now that would be something for the next time capsule after Rob passes away.

11 Likes

Although, doing something about the boroscope-ready hole would probably be a necessity.

6 Likes

Sugru? :smiley:

Or, just leave a borescope hanging on the side of the safe and keep it as a conversation starter and puzzle for guests to try.

8 Likes

Dreams.

57 Likes

From what I understand of these things that lowers the value. But not very much. And it’s crazy common in old safes.

You can smash them open pretty simply these days so most models are no good as actual secure safes these days. So they mostly retain value as collectibles or antiques.

4 Likes

Ha!
Dreams are so 2016

39 Likes

I love the smeared green paint and perfect brass patina on Rob’s safe.

9 Likes

Is that a euphemism? :wink:

10 Likes

even being empty it was fun to see it opened and all the compartments inside.

7 Likes

If it’s restored it’ll be worth what it cost to get into it, he said. The latex paint over the front is the bigger issue. He filled the boroscope hole with two-part epoxy.

24 Likes

A cat. Of indeterminate status.

24 Likes
2 Likes

@beschizza, did you check the surfaces with an LED light (or colored lights) to see if there are any clues about where the doubloons are really hidden? Perhaps it is encoded in the weave of the carpet.

Perhaps you should just start digging some holes in the yard/basement just to check.

20 Likes