What we know about sex with Neanderthals

There’s also an interesting book called The Singing Neanderthal about the development of language

Blade Runner and the Thing were theatrical flops which picked up a following on cable. Both were Hollywood productions by well known directors. Quest for Fire was an independent movie without recognizable dialogue and wasn’t so popular for rebroadcast on Cable outside of stations specializing in “prestige” films (1980’s TNT late night or Bravo)

I saw three of the six first run, TRON, Bladerunner, Star Trek.

I never saw Time Bandits, but I’d say I like Mad Max and The Thing better than the three I saw in 1982.

1 Like

I saw Tron and Star Trek in first run (I was 9-10). Time Bandits, Blade Runner and the Thing were in heavy rotation on HBO in the early 80’s (My parents didn’t mind I was watching “age inappropriate” movies at the time as long as they were good ones).

Road Warrior and Quest for Fire I caught years later on video rental when I was old enough to rent stuff on my own as a teenager.

Was scrolling through the comments to see if someone beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

As the cannibals say
”the best people make the best food”
“Soup is good people”
“the problem with eating clowns are they taste funny”

2 Likes

I recall reading recently (was it in Sex at Dawn?) that a zoo primate keeper was introduced to a bonobo, who promptly kissed him on the lips. The keeper said,”I’ve often been kissed by chimps, but this was the first time I got tongue.”

1 Like

Then there was the contemporary mad scientist / temporal physicist who traveled back in time to find Eve but instead hooked up with Lucy. I guess that was the origin of humanity.

One of the things I like about the film is the fact that you can speak any language and you’re still able to follow the plot and tell what the cave people are trying to say by the way they act. And the scene (minor spoiler) where the action that drives them to search for a new source of fire is pretty funny.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.