What would you do if your cat was the size of an elephant?

Pictured: a 1 ton Tapir

9 Likes

What would I do with a cat the size of an elephant?

takeover

18 Likes

14 Likes

Yikes, figure b is a chonker! I’m surprised how they appear to remain so well proportioned.

8 Likes

… apparently terrestrial mammals can get much larger than any currently living examples

The huge animal would have weighed 24 tons and was the same size as six elephants, Deng told CNN. Its shoulders were more than 16 feet off the ground, the head at 23 feet, and its body was 26 feet long, he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/asia/giant-rhino-fossil-study-scli-intl-hnk-scn/index.html

13 Likes

If my Gremlin started kneading me as she does now…ya’ll would have to call a paramedic for me, because one thing I would NOT be able to do is do it myself. Traumatic blood loss, ya’ll.

Saint Maud GIF by A24

10 Likes

Cleaning the cat’s litter box would require a mechanical excavator and breathing gear.

7 Likes

Personally, I can’t think of a better way to go than by my gigantic furry friend’s crushing embrace.

3 Likes

Run like hell.

3 Likes

Turnabout is fair play. She’s lying on that cat the way my cats lie on me.

9 Likes

Here’s J. B. S. Haldane’s famous essay, On Being The Right Size

Off-topic, Haldane coined the word “clone”.

6 Likes

Can we get the sabre-tooth cat on that same scale?

2 Likes

Die.

12 Likes

What, no shot of an excavator used to clean the liter box?

4 Likes

If it was social enough, try to form Voltron?

8 Likes

Have an even harder time getting up off the futon when she’s comfortable? At barely over 3kg she can already pin me down for an hour or more!

15 Likes

Make my time, about the only reason cats don’t eat us now is we’re way too big.

6 Likes

16 Likes

Forget that, can I get an elephant the size of a cat?

11 Likes

We had an 11kg cat, all of it muscle, and he would regularly pin the kids down then they were small, purring his head off. :grin: He was such a good boy.

“In-cat-acipated” is the word… :smile:

That said, we did have a couple of discussions early on in our relationship where I was glad I was 10x his size.

10 Likes