What Would Your Superpower Be?

personally I would prefer a short jump back in time, some kind of Ctrl+Z for life. a few seconds would be long enough to undo many stupid comments I blurted out without thinking.

12 Likes

My fam has taken to modifying the question so as to avoid the standard ā€œI would wish for more wishesā€:

Which superpower is better: X or Y?

Soā€¦super strength or x-ray vision?

4 Likes

The X-Man Cypher has a terrible power for purposes of comic-book writing, but itā€™s the power Iā€™d like in real life. To be able to speak, read, and understand any language.

18 Likes

Teleportation for me. Iā€™d love to have nothing to do with cars and planes ever again.

14 Likes

this is oddly specific. what about rings, tattoos, piercings or a phone?

4 Likes

The Phantom Nutpunch. The ability to remotely punch someone in the nards from miles and miles away. No permanent damage, but enough to make them regret a great many things. I canā€™t punch them repeatedly, like once an hour, and I canā€™t use it en masse, so border defense or something is useless. But Minutemen who rape five year olds? Pow. See you in an hour.

18 Likes

Can you teleport someplace youā€™ve never seen?

1 Like

Already have two super powers. Iā€™m a supertaster with a great sense of smell, and I have a high-tenor voice and didnā€™t understand the concept of whispering until I was 12.

So Iā€™m guessing my superhero name could be Megamouth.

(seriously, Iā€™ve heard recordings of myself in a crowd. My voice pierces the sky. And not in a pleasant way.)

16 Likes

Heh, now Iā€™m imagining a real Sonic the Hedgehog buzzing some rival at mach 3 in the middle of the night just to knock them off their game.

2 Likes

You mean aside from acquiring an innate understanding of the quantum mechanics of the universe?

Iā€™d like the ability to permanently absorb/accumulate the abilities and knowledge of others instantaneously, but without causing them any kind of harm.

14 Likes

Vision. Always gain knowledge. Then persuade other super heroes to do the work for you.

2 Likes

I bet your fist wish is for unlimited wishesā€¦you are the type of person that drove us genies out of business.

4 Likes

#MIND CONTROL!!!

~everyone in this thread is impressed and agrees that I made the best choice~

Not a problem with mind control.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a brilliant idea!

2 Likes

Iā€™m impressed and agree @redesigned made the best choice ffzt

Huh? Where am I?

5 Likes

Dunno if youā€™d count this as reality warping, but what Iā€™d wish for:

Time control. Pause, slo-mo and rewind. The chance to take my time to think, and the opportunity for a do-over when I fucked it up.

But, if weā€™re gonna stick to less metaphysical things, wings and claws would be nice.

5 Likes

No but seeing it through Google maps street view counts cuz itā€™s usually recent enough.

2 Likes

Holy crap, this made me laugh so hard, Iā€™m nearly crying.

6 Likes

Oh? And here I was just going to amuse myself with Trumpā€™s water bottle at the debates, and maybe his shoelaces.

4 Likes

Wait until you see the logoā€¦

5 Likes