What Would Your Superpower Be?

The ability to find the perfect parking spot no matter what.

3 Likes

Although this isn’t a power I’d want, an observation: if you’re after lethal superpowers, all you need is pissweak penetrating telekinesis.

Comic and SF writers tend to massively underestimate the potential of a few grams of pressure direct to the brainstem.

5 Likes

innocent look

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I wouldn’t use my TK to kill anyone… I have other targets in mind…

The nice thing about that superpower is that when they make a movie about you, you’ll be featured on unlimited bad movie podcasts!

My animation professor in college once confessed that she wished she had a ctrl+Z for life when she was showing us the helpful undo features in Flash (insert joke about going back in time to reclaim all the time I spent learning AS3). Her face then fell, and then turned a deep red. Damn, she was a likable person.

4 Likes

and now combine this with my second superpower, the grumpiness field!

five stars, would hate again

4 Likes

My best friend from childhood and I used to spend hours talking about all the stuff we would do if we could shrink or grow to any size, along with anything we were touching that we wanted to shrink/grow with us. From canoeing down spring melt-flows underneath the ice hanging off the curb, to riding a remote-controlled car, to peeping (we were 12…) to swimming in a bottlecap, to sword-fighting beetles, to sleeping on a marshmallow, somehow the topic was never exhausted. A huge part of me would get lost in thinking that this could happen if I believed and wanted it badly enough.

So yeah, my superpower would be to be able to go back to when I was 12.

15 Likes

Shapeshifting

10 Likes

Seems like you’ll still want to jump a few inches above a nearby lake just in case someone put up a lamppost or something on the sidewalk.

Not to mention the nightmarish scenario of landing inside someone else in a crowd… “WHOSE THUMB IS THAT?!”

1 Like

Got it:

14 Likes

Few things in entertainment make me as anxious as a shapeshifter plot in a TV show. But then I suppose that’s the mark of a solid superpower…

4 Likes

So, Modular Abilities (Cosmic Power). That’s kind of expensive, at 10 points per point of ability available for the slot. (Especially since you want to be able to select any power, so you’ll need the Physical enhancement: +100%. (Final value: 20 pts / 1 pt of ability.)

I’d seriously suggest at a least a few limitations, depending on how many starting points are allowed in your campaign.

Personally, I want Shapeshifting (Morph), preferably with the Unlimited enhancement, but absolutely with as many spare template points as I can afford. Even having to stick to “normal” shapes, this could be fun.

6 Likes

Is summoning Genies still on the table?

If I can’t have that…illusion. I have to ban myself from even touching that school when I play D&D or anything like that because I can’t help but abuse it horribly.

5 Likes

Points budget? Now wait a minute! Don’t tell my kids!

I assumed the tattoos would become as invisible as my skin. I fucking hate my phone and unless I’m working or traveling, it sits forgotten. (To be clear, while driving, it’s on hand for emergencies.)

And my ring and piercings? Shit, I didn’t even consider those, since I never take them off, and I’ve had them more than half my life. They just feel like my body.

So, I’d like to alter my terms, and say that the invisibility needs to include all clothing, jewelry, accessories and anything in my pockets. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

*singing

Anything you can do, I can do, too…

9 Likes

How about something you carry? And if it’s something you touch, like a wall, does that turn invisible?

Rules always gotta make it complex. That’s why the original guy always went naked, I suppose.

That’s a good gotcha, actually. If it’s anything you touch, and you walk around barefoot, how much of the earth becomes invisible?

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s a habit. Anytime I get into these discussion or see powers of any sort depicted in a story, at least some part of me is working out how to do the power in GURPS.

4 Likes

ok. X-ray vision vs. Kitty Pryde phasing powers?

9 Likes