What You'll Like Most When Trump is Gone

I’m looking forward to:

• Professionals being in charge again.
  • Public health policies that are shaped by scientists and physicians, not pillow salesmen.
  • Any attempt at all to tackle global issues like climate change and inequality.
  • Never seeing evangelical grifters lay hands on the president in the Oval Office ever again. While we’re at it, it would be nice to set the Xtian dominionist doomsday clock back a few minutes too, but that’s probably too much to ask. At least Pious Pence won’t be one cheeseburger away from his dream of a national network of conversion camps.
  • Most of all, I’m looking forward to feeling lighter. The past four years have had too many hopeless days; I wake in the dark and go to sleep in the dark and hardly remember seeing the sun in between. Biden may not be the burning heart of progressivism, but at least he won’t be taking an axe to the underpinnings of our government.

I’m going to feel lighter, and it’s going to be wonderful.

12 Likes

It’s going to be so nice to go back to normal. Where my reaction to everything that the US government does is disappointment rather than anger / fear.

7 Likes

Yes, I’m ready to get back to my default level of bitter cynicism, instead of being whipped up into a raging froth of white hot hatred on the daily. I prefer to drink my haterade black.

4 Likes

I’ll enjoy his pathetic attempts to remain relevant in the midst of the way his public trials keep him in the news.

3 Likes

Hang in there!
It’s a new dawn. The ol’ roller coaster of life hit an awfully low point for that momentum onwards and upwards!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.