Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

More cartoons

2 Likes

I’ve been watching Crimes Gone Viral as I work. Pure trash tv, but what I like about it is that it provides a lot of background information about many viral videos we’ve all seen here at BoingBoing. Man Who is Unfazed by Armed Robbery in Bar, Runaway RV, Bucktown Creeper, and so many more. As trashy as it is, it’s very interesting to see what the history and/or outcomes to these incidents.

Who here remembers Gollum (the guy who road raged on the motorcyclist for lane splitting)? You’ll be “shocked/not shocked” at the backstory.

Updated with a better trailer

October 6th.

5 Likes

If this report is true, it will probably surprise no one. Miyazaki is physically incapable of retiring. He’ll be done creating when he slumps over his desk…and I bet his hand will continue sketching something out for minutes beyond that, just to finish up that last idea.

4 Likes

A time travel slasher comedy? Sure, I’ll watch it.

ETA

Film student - I love Wes Anderson’s films. I’m going to make one like the ones he makes.

Wes Anderson - I’m going to do one like that too.

5 Likes

Just noticed that the white fringe leather jacket the main character is wearing in that trailer looks an awful lot like the one that Sloane Peterson wore in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986) and has more than a passing resemblance to the jacket that served as a major plot point in Can’t Buy Me Love (1987). So a possible twofer in-joke for 80s teen movies!

6 Likes

Theres an error in that trailer though. They said 1987 was 35 years ago when it was actually only about 15 years ago.

Aging Matt Damon GIF

4 Likes
3 Likes

There is no new Miyazaki after he’s done. However, as the video points out, there are many great directors out there. Anno, Hosoda, Shinkai, and Yuasa are directors whose films I always look forward to seeing.

1 Like

To be clear, we (this is true) gave ChatGPT no parameters or suggestions on casting, it just intrinsically knew you wanted to see Idris Elba in five different movies this year.

1 Like

Sneak “peak”. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Live event in English.

Wow, those baby gorillas are quick studies!

3 Likes

Has anyone seen The Winter King? It’s some new King Arthur retelling. I thought it was on Prime, but only the 1st episode is free there. The rest requires a subscription to something called MGM+.

2 Likes

Ok, Amazon owns it, but still wants viewers to pay for another service?

No Way Do Not Want GIF

5 Likes

Seriously, this whole streaming landscape is becoming so much worse than cable - which totally sucked…

11 Likes

See, they’re trying to turn every day into “Watch Like a Pirate Day.”

Animation Flag GIF by Patrick Smith

7 Likes

Apparently! Like, why make content so difficult to get without a million subscriptions? I can’t see how that benefits anyone…

I still say I’d love a streaming service that would allow me to access other content and just charge me a fee for the rental… Like, I have netflix, but want to watch something on Disney+ - let me pay for it, so I can access it via netflix… everyone wins! Netflix can keep a cut, Disney gets some extra cash, and I get see what I’d like without having to have a million streaming services! I suppose you can sort of do that with Amazon Prime, but even there, you have to have the other streamers to access content (such as in this case!).

angry robert downey jr GIF

6 Likes

… copy editing is dead :ghost:

3 Likes