Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Not very well. It could be a pilot for a new show. But It is deeply rooted in the old cartoon that much of the time we are waiting for fan service, that secondary character making a joke or having an epiphany.

If you like Adventure Time, you’re used to its characters and their idiosyncrasies, you can watch it without fear. Anyone who has never seen anything like this before will find it a little boring or get lost in the midst of so many references.

It shouldn’t be much of a spoiler. But this cartoon characters like to watch Cheers, a successful sitcom that also had a highly successful spin-off.

Every now and then characters sing the ending theme from Cheers and it triggers memories in other characters.

From what I’ve read, Fionna and Cake won the hearts of fans. Maybe they’ll do a second season and then they’ll be able to develop something that stands on its own two feet and isn’t a mere mirror of the original show, after all, Fionna and Cake was an Adventure Time gender swapped fanfiction.

The show could be a very diferente beast.

1 Like

Thanks. This basically means I’ve got another season of Adventure Time to watch when I get around to the series.

1 Like

You can also try Distant Lands, 4 hour long episodes that show different characters facing challenges in unfamiliar settings. I didn’t like It very much. One hour is too much for the Cartoon.

1 Like

I cam across this older one yesterday…oh, the austerity and food rationing appeared to be horrible for those who lived through the war.

ETA: Geez, this was especially horrible for women. More cleaning duty, “Beauty for Duty”, etc. :rage:

2 Likes

Haven’t watched it yet, but last night’s closer look on Seth Meyers is 30 minutes long! :laughing:

2 Likes

Do you want to see five cute Australian Kelpie puppies grow up and learn how to be working stock dogs? Then this is for you!

2 Likes

Is it worth watching the first episode of anything?

It’s never a representative sample of the show :thinking:

Well, if you start with the second episode, will you be able to tell what’s going on all that well without the exposition provided in the first one? :thinking:

2 Likes

The first episode of both these series starts the same — 30-year-old woman loses big-city job and boyfriend and moves back in with small-town parent

then one of them turns into a Christmas movie without the Christmas and the other one turns into a cop show without the cops

Our Flag Means Death is back!

Ah Ha Chef GIF by HBO Max

7 Likes

See You Soon Goodbye GIF by HBO Max

Hooray!

5 Likes

The pups reunite for their last trial in the fourth and final episode. There’s a little growling, and one trainer says, “Yep, that’s a family Christmas!” :rofl:

It’s a really warm show, and a pleasure to watch, I recommend it.

3 Likes

Hopefully not a year before it comes to BBC.

That’s just payback for good BBC programs taking a year to get to BBC America. :wink:

1 Like

OMG, the post-credit “storytelling” scene in S2 episode one.

Tv Show Lol GIF by PotatoITV

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m going to trust your opinion, and I loved every episode of the first series.

1 Like

I mean, there’s not even a punchline, but it’s so well acted. :rofl:

2 Likes

So we’re doing a couple of horror movies from each decade of film history for October and last night was I Walked With a Zombie and Pussycat said “now I have that Lydia Lunch song I Fell in Love With a Ghost stuck in my head” and I said “Really? Not I Walked With a Zombie?” and she said she didn’t know that song so I played it. She’d never heard of Roky Erickson! So I played her You Don’t Love Me Yet (which she hated) but that’s when I happened across this tid bit on wiki which is the kind of crazy thing I should have know about but didn’t:

A plotline in an episode of 1990s sitcom The John Larroquette Show revolved around a sighting of reclusive novelist Thomas Pynchon. Pynchon did not appear, but agreed to allow his name to be used on the condition that it was specifically mentioned that Pynchon was seen wearing a T-shirt showing a picture of Erickson.

How fucking cool is that!!!

1 Like

Whoa, the third season of Lupin started on Netflix. There goes my weekend!

Omar Sy Lupin GIF by Netflix España

:popcorn:

3 Likes

LOOOVE it!!!
(also, that man is just gorgeous!)

2 Likes