Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

I didn’t know about this movie until just now, and I’m immediately bummed about it. I kind of like the idea of Wile E. going after a big corporation. The live-action/animation hybrid model is something I could do without, but the rest of it sounds fun. But if we’re being honest, a premise like that appeals to someone like me but probably doesn’t translate well enough for immediate box office returns. Canning it still isn’t the right call, though.

1 Like

Say what you will about Netflix, but their investments in international programming make it worth the subscription fee as far as I’m concerned.

ETA

Man, what a bad cartoon the original was…

Speaking in bad movies

The original short cartoon.

3 Likes

Ok, a few things about Bodies bothered me. The first was how easily all of the detectives were manipulated into fulfilling their roles. With Shahara Hasan in particular, because at too many points she could’ve just stopped. When she had the key and was questioned about using it, she said out loud, “I have to.” I was looking at the screen saying, “No, you don’t. However, in this fictional world I guess War Games didn’t exist.” :woman_shrugging:t4: At a certain point they were smart enough to learn that playing someone else’s game was a losing proposition. That point was about when they were lured into the trap at the campsite. The other unbelievable thing about Maplewood’s turn wasn’t just the ending but the fact she (and Defoe) conveniently forgot about her SPYNE before she went into The Throat.

1 Like

Cool.

Reminds me of this:

1 Like

Final episode of Loki…fulfilling “glorious purpose”.

Tom Hiddleston Ok GIF by Disney+

tom hiddleston loki GIF

He had to make a sacrifice, so he sacrificed… himself.

3 Likes

But if Hasan had stopped, how would the blast that destroyed London have been prevented? (I like the fact that it was eventually stopped by appeals to Mannix’s humanity, not by shooting him in the head.)

Maplewood may have simply forgotten about the no-inanimate-objects rule in the heat of the moment, or she may have decided to go ahead anyway, in the hope of somehow making a difference. Self-sacrifice is a recurring theme throughout the series.

Anyway, if I’m enjoying a show like this, I’m willing to suspend quite a bit of disbelief. The trope of characters making bad decisions (“Let’s split up. I’ll take the basement”) is probably their most realistic aspect.

3 Likes

I’ve only seen the first episode, but I agree. The general plot line is quite predictable so far, but the dialog isn’t cringey, and there’s plenty of time to surprise us (I guessed the big twist partway through). The artwork however is stunning and I’m happy to watch just for that.

2 Likes

The bomb wouldn’t have been armed at all (based on the phone call she got after opening the door). There were other points where her actions kept the cult’s plan moving forward, as Elias’ mother and others repeatedly told her.

On the subject of gore, I’ve been watching Gen V, and episode 5 was…interesting.

Compared with other scenes, it made me wish for some kind of Sesame Street muppet/puppet filter to use on other shows.

Thought that Upload would be a nice unicorn chaser, but nope. :cry: I still highly recommend the series, though, and hope there will be a Season 4. :crossed_fingers:t4:

4 Likes

Happy to ‘third’ this recommendation. (If I haven’t already?) I usually find animation difficult to watch, but this is so beautiful and epic and diverse and gripping that it’s a joy to watch.

5 Likes

Anyone else watching the Pluto anime on netflix?

It’s a reinterpretation of Astro Boy or one arc of it…It’s by the same manga artists who did Monster

1 Like

I haven’t seen Season 3 yet, but the potential for a lot of suffering has always been there. Hey, that’s capitalism for you. Still, like you I recommend it.

For a better unicorn chaser, have you seen this?

1 Like

Not yet, but it’s on the list now. Thanks!

1 Like

Never occurred to me that this problem could be easily solved if only the BBC were to choose the greater good:

3 Likes

I mean, look at the garbage laws in the USA – that once you decide to throw something out, you no longer have any claim over it. :man_shrugging:

Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by The Democrats

If I read that right there are missing episodes of The Basil Brush Show out there. Sunak and Braverman need to get on this stat!

4 Likes
2 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (2)

2 Likes