Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Great to see “Beef” basically sweep its EMMYS category tonight. I thought it was great stuff. :clap:

4 Likes

Looks like we’re not likely to get a second season of She-Hulk. At least Maslany knows nothing about a continuation at this point.

3 Likes

My partner and I saw American Fiction on Tuesday. I went in completely blind, having never heard of it, but left feeling it was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a while. It’s a funny heartwarming satire/family drama that skewers the publishing industry. It’s well written, acted and directed. Jeffery Wright is phenomenal, though that’s unsurprising. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him give a bad performance. The rest of the cast is also great.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I’ll listen to Bjork talk about anything like

3 Likes

I agree!

If you’re a reader, the novel it’s based on is great too (and funnier than the movie).

3 Likes

Season 5 of Fargo had its ups and downs, but the last 20 minutes of the finale was pure perfection.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

and Kae Tempest

COOL!

I am a little more than halfway through this series; so far it’s beyond amazing.

Intense, endearing, brutal, beautiful, gross; it’s all that and more.

4 Likes

Lift is a fun (somewhat predictable) action flick:

Some cities really clean up nicely on film! :wink:

2 Likes

One of the best things about seeing Venice though a Hollywood lens is that you get to take in the sights without having to worry about the accompanying smells that the warmer months tend to bring to the city.

Seems like 28 Months Later would have been the logical setup for the third movie in the series but I guess they just felt like too much time has passed since the last one.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a missed opportunity, since after this the genre will have to change to sci fi.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying this so far. I recommend it for those who like whodunnits but thought Knives Out and Glass Onion were a bit too goofy.

1 Like
6 Likes

I only just learned of this show’s existence this morning.

2 Likes

My wife and I recently binged all of the Mike Flanagan shows on Netflix. We started with The Fall of the House of Usher and found ourselves hooked. We also ended our run by watching it a second time. It lacks the emotional depth of the other shows, but I appreciate its being louder and more in your face than the other shows. Plus there’s more fun a show can have when filled with characters you’re not supposed to like.

My wife’s favorite is Midnight Mass, which is one of the shows you can’t talk too much about without giving things away. Hamish Linklater’s performance as Father Paul is so incredibly compelling. Everything about the show is so good, but his performance remains top of mind for me.

1 Like