Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

2 Likes

excited kermit the frog GIF

5 Likes

Unfortunately it seems to be just a handful of episodes? I hope they add all of them!

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that when I was watching earlier, as I saw the same episode replayed twice in the same day.

1 Like

Looking at my near complete collection of SGC2C the entire show runtime is just over 25 hours so it seems strange they wouldn’t just play all of them (either on shuffle or in release irder)

1 Like

Japanese cartoon roundup.

Time travel shennanigans. It starts kawaii and then trurns into dark and a little grim.

“The Little Prince and the Eight Headed Dragon”, a 1963 cartoon is in Youtube, but only for the American viewers.

My girlfriend is an ogre.

Next May…

1 Like

… an astronaut on a solo mission to explore the strange alien world of America in 1951

4 Likes

Having just finished this rather dark, brilliant series:

I was in the mood for lighter fare.
This is surprisingly good:

Maybe not surprising, as it’s directed by McG, so it’s pretty non-stop.
Four kids from summer-camp attempt to save the world from an alien invasion.
Maybe a kid’s film, but not for young kids.
Kept me gripped.
It’s also pretty funny.

3 Likes

Plot and characters so thin you could shine a light through them and overly long but i still had a blast.

3 Likes

Any suggestions of what to watch on Crunchyroll next (US)? This list seemed like it has some good stuff. We’ve seen some of them, but not all (and a few we’ve seen some of the series, but not all).

1 Like

We just finished The Apothecary Diaries and loved it.

A Place Further Than the Universe is also a sweet (and sad at points) story.

2 Likes

Glancing through the list, (I assume you’ve seen Cowboy Beebop) - I rec Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, Mononoke, Kill la Kill and Space Dandy - they are all loads of fun

5 Likes

Good morning @vermes82

https://elonet.finna.fi/Search/Results?limit=0&filter[]=online_boolean%3A"1"&filter[]=~subtitle_lng_str_mv%3A"eng"&dfApplied=1&type=AllFields

5 Likes

They have app too. No idea if it’s geo-blocked.

All of that is available in English.

6 Likes

I watched the first 2 episodes and didn’t like it as much as I thought it would. I don’t know whether it is the main actors constant smirking or the dialogue trying to be too clever. I’ll continue, but it has a lot of similarities to the recently canceled Lockwood and Company which I enjoyed.

Death’s appearance (episode 1) is awesome.

4 Likes

I got a little weepy I admit

4 Likes

The third episode (The Devlin House) is when consequences to choices made start to have effect, and shells start to crack, as far as I can read it. YMMV.

2 Likes

Great list! I might add Madoka Magica, Megalobox, Erased, and Space Brothers. @Mindysan33, how do you feel about old sci-fi anime? Legend of the Galactic Heroes is fairly well regarded (it’s one of those mountains I intend to climb someday, but I’ve enjoyed the first few novels the series is based on), and Genesis Climber Mospeada (adapted for the third act of Robotech in the US) just dropped on the service.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Based on this, it seems easier to keep proof of cancellation and request reversal of any charges after that date. If a company tries it twice, I’d file consumer complaints. With all the streaming service trials and rate changes now, it’s important to rely on a good calendar or reminder to cancel on time and check card billing regularly.

6 Likes