Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

Do you mean Pistol?

2 Likes

Yup. Corrected. Thanks

2 Likes

… has anybody posted that video yet

3 Likes

Wow; is that where that gif came from?

Also, I had no idea that nyan cat was anything other than a poorly made gif from 15 years ago.

TIL.

2 Likes

After watching that, I’d guess the gif came first?

Now I’m wondering too!

1 Like
1 Like

Both Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth are superb with the latter seemingly stealing every scene he’s in.

4 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

Tired of the blood and gore and CGI explosions? Here’s a movie without any of those (well, one body).

The Last Right

I can watch a good time-loop movie over and over and over and…

Palm Springs

3 Likes
8 Likes

Sooooo… Anyone know what’s going on with Dr. Who DVD/blu-ray releases in the US? I know that they’ve gotten releases in the UK, but so far, not in the US (normally it’s the dates for US releases happen a month or so after the UK, but since the show’s been on Disney+, nada… the David Tennant 14th doctor stuff SHOULD have been released in the US by now.

If Disney treats DW like all of their other Disney+ releases, it might be a while before it reaches disc. It might not be released on disc until after the BBC partnership ends.

1 Like

They finally did put out a few of their shows on physical media (Mandolorian, Loki, and Wandavision, I think), once they saw that the numbers of people signing up for the platform had stalled…

He’s hoping they put them out soon! But I won’t hold my breath!

I have not watched Tubi, but this is interesting…

2 Likes

Remind me, how am I supposed to watch Dr Who in Ireland? I can’t watch BBC because of geoblocking and it’s not on Disney?

Oh right, thank you, I remember now. I’ll hoist the Jolly Roger only I couldn’t be arsed.

But it’s good to remind me that DRM arseholery is anti fan, anti consumer, anti people.

4 Likes

Many of these services like to release data about – or at least announce – their most watched programs. Since Tubi is only now getting into the “original content” game, I’m wondering what it is that draws the attention of most of their viewers. That would be potentially telling of what people want to watch and what older content has maybe aged well.

1 Like

Happy Animation GIF by LAIKA Studios

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

[ETA]

Superwholock… explained…

2 Likes

I thought Inside Out 2 was a perfectly fine movie, fun to watch even though I found it less compelling than its predecessor. So I wasn’t rooting against it, but I find this news kind of depressing because it reinforces Disney’s recently stated intent to focus on making sequels and spinoffs of established IP instead of original content:

Again, I didn’t hate or even dislike the movie. But it wasn’t even my favorite recent Pixar movie about an 8th grade girl struggling with the challenges of puberty, let alone my favorite Pixar movie of all time.

2 Likes

This sounds like it’ll be an interesting read…

3 Likes

Apropos of that:

5 Likes