Whatcha Watchin’ (Season 3)

An Orphan Black spinoff! Looking forward to this coming to a streamer I subscribe to.

(Bonus: Krysten Ritter is played by Tatiana Maslany :wink:)

4 Likes

OK I’m not usually one to side with the “Disney ruined Star Wars” toxic fandom but I just watched the most recent episode of The Acolyte and they literally just pulled a Jedi/Sith version of The Parent Trap (a premise I’ve always hated in all its incarnations).

1 Like

We never watched 30 Rock back when it was on. I think at the time we didn’t have a way to receive network broadcast tv, and anyway I hate the damn commercials so much, and I hate laugh tracks so much, and I also don’t care for SNL, so I just never checked it out.

We just recently started watching an episode a day, in order. Tina Fay is brilliant and the show is hilarious! No laugh track! It’s been great fun.

But today… good god sweet jeebus, today… today was this:

I thought I’d seen all of Paul Reubens performances. I HAD NO IDEA.

I died. I AM NOW DEAD.

I mean he upstaged Isabella fucking Rossellini! With that tiny hand!

Hats off to everyone involved, especially Will Forte for the expert set-up.

RIP Paul, you are beloved and missed. It was a wonderful treat to see you again!

8 Likes

Whoa! I think that allusion is not an apt one here because that implies the switcharoo was at least consensual and purposeful for all those involved. I’ll agree is was probably the worst part of the episode. It’s kind of disappointing that it was the best episode so far and largely due to the action, not the actual story. This really could have benefited from being a movie rather than a series.

1 Like

Dark Matter stayed just barely interesting enough that I watched every episode but don’t make my mistake. Do something else instead.

8 Likes

[Mars One (film) - Wikipedia]

[Marte Um (2022) - IMDb]

[Marte Um | Trailer Exclusivo - YouTube]

3 Likes

“… the character(s) can’t remember who they are but are otherwise unimpaired” is such a cheap cliché that I never made it to Episode 2

OH WAIT, there is a new show with the same name :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah, that Dark Matter was really bad, I also bailed.

2 Likes

[scott dagostino: “Subscribe to Paramount+ :mountain: We’re the home of STAR TREK! Watch the GREASE prequel series! We’ve got Comedy Central! <deletes 25 years of the DAILY SHOW> We’ve got dull new versions of FRASIER and DEXTER! ” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

[Paramount shifts focus to streaming, cuts access to troves of archival content (showsnob.com)]

[Free streaming channels have become ‘sleeping giants’ as Netflix, Max, others hike prices [Video] (aol.com)]

6 Likes

Ugh… how long until paramount cuts all classic trek!!! :sob:

6 Likes

If you want to keep something you cherish, go analog/physical. Digital libraries are not really yours…

3 Likes

Agreed!

I do have all new Trek that’s been released on DVD up to this point, as well as DS9… Might go ahead and get the other classic series too.

4 Likes

I liked this show but I have my doubts about it getting a second season.
There’s been some weird decisions made about how it was released, and if renewal comes down to AMC viewership it’s been seriously hamstrung.

It came out down under way back in November, so it’s been available online for seven or eight months. Surely that has to affect viewership for the recent AMC/AMC+ release, especially because they’re dribbling it out weekly.

How much of the potential audience has already watched it, how many of the ones who haven’t until now are going to watch the premiere and not bother waiting for the rest of the season to be “released” when they go looking for when they air and easily find the all the remaining episodes?
It just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Their current selling point is that they’re the home to Trek. They’ll rent out the films to whatever other service is willing to pay and they don’t care about Trek for kids. The rest? The TV series? Paramount knows they only survive on Trek, Turtles, SpongeBob, maybe Mission: Impossible, and whatever flash in the pan Nickelodeon series is out. Trek is the major thing they have for adults.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Now that Doctor Who’s latest series is over, I’m feeling the whole season was ho hum. Curious what your thoughts are.

I gotta say it’s a pretty bold move to publicly say that the inspiration for the Ruby Sunday storyline was feeling that Disney botched the whole storyline with Rey in the Star Wars movies considering the corporate sponsorship. But that whole resolution was probably the best part of the last two episodes. It certainly wasn’t the reintroduction of an old villain and using a bait-and-switch to do it. I really hope other DW fans were happy with the series. Maybe the next one will work better for me.

1 Like

I was overall happy with it. It almost felt to me like they started out with Ruby being as important as the Impossible Girl was but kinda lost interest in that mid way. I loved tjhe big bad they brought back. Especially when you
think back to how long he was on top of the TARDIS and what that means for each past episode. Like the 2 dimensional creatures when the TARDIS got all tiny. what a cute little god of. death he would have been.

2 Likes

princess fandom GIF

1 Like

I’m glad it landed for you. My household was less enthused, but we still got some good episodes out of it. And there was enough viewership to guarantee that we’ll be getting more with the Disney budget.

2 Likes

Out of the 7 stories, I thoroughly enjoyed 2 (Dot and Bubble, Boom), 2 were decent but not spectacular (Rogue, 73 Yards) and the rest not good, but not Timeless Child/Sasha Dhawan Master story bad.

Not a big fan of “Horny Doctor”, but I liked the costume changes and rehabilitating Mel.

1 Like