Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I agree, Kim deserves to come out unscathed.

Nacho, maybe needs to pay a little for his crimes, but yeah, I’m concerned about him.

Still, Salamanca was a total d**k, and I’m glad he went out with a bang

1 Like

Just watched.

Ugh; that was really mean and under-handed. Both the McGills went ‘low’ this week.

Also, poor Kim!

1 Like

I think it’s an omen.

She’ll be okay. With full insurance, they’ll put some pins/screws in her collarbone, and she’ll be good as new. I had lapsed insurance, and all I got was a butterfly shoulder brace.

1 Like

7 Likes

I just found out The Strain is in its fourth and final season. Has anyone been keeping up with that?

ETA: I read the novels, and thought they were pretty good, similar in theme to Justin Cronin’s Passage Trilogy.

2 Likes

Anyone else seen the most recent season of Kimmy Schmidt? We just wrapped it up last night.

Funny thing related to the episode where Titus tries to date the choir director, Rueben, who has a daughter named Linda. Me and my daughter were at the grocery store today and the person bagging our groceries was a middle aged woman named Linda. I pointed this out to my daughter and she said “shouldn’t she be in HR?” ;-D

1 Like

The handmaid’s tale.

A superlative piece of work and couldn’t have come at a more opportune time. It is satisfying to see the handmaid’s garb used for silent protest here as it becomes a sort of symbol of resistance in the show, they are reclaiming it for themselves. Though i’m not sure i can cope with a second season.

3 Likes

BBC America is bringing Idris Elba back in “Luther.”

There’s no story for this series. They’re just going to have him silently sitting and looking into the camera and being really handsome. It will make them millions.

10 Likes

I’d watch it.

3 Likes

The fourth season starts next month.

1 Like

I read that and thought, “Wait, then where have I seen him before?”. I had to look him up to remind myself he (Michael Mando) played Vic on the first season of Orphan Black.

I also found out Nacho’s last name is Varga, the same name as David Thewlis’s creepy villain on this season of Fargo. Coincidence? There are no coincidences.

1 Like

We just finished episode 6 (Kimmy Is a Feminist!). Great fun.

2 Likes

An old friend of mine is a central behind the scenes person on Kimmy. Makes me glad its so damn good, and I can pick up on my friends influence on the show. I know his/her signature style. Also, reportedly, Tina and Robert are fantastic bosses.

2 Likes

Haven’t even started that, but considering it. Sad to see this at Wikipedia:

Some reviewers have criticized the show’s portrayal of Native Americans, with Vulture referring to a prominent Native American subplot as “offensive.”[32] BuzzFeed cited the lack of a plurality of portrayals of Native Americans as the main issue with the subplot, stating that “the way Native Americans are represented on this show matters. It’s not one representation among a cornucopia of representations; it’s the single mainstream representation in years.”[33]

In the wake of the controversy, Tina Fey retorted: “I feel like we put so much effort into writing and crafting everything, they need to speak for themselves. There’s a real culture of demanding apologies, and I’m opting out of that.”[34]

3 Likes

A running joke on the show is that the uberblonde character Jacqueline White (Jane Krakowski from 30 Rock) is Native American. She was ashamed of her roots in the past, but has since come to value them and is now trying to get the owners to change the name of the Washington Redskins. Her parents appear in a couple of episodes as a nice middle class couple.

I’m not Native American, so I can’t comment on whether this is offensive, but Tina Fey and the other writers can make most things funny. There is an over-the-top gay character that I imagine some could find offensive. The episode I mentioned above has a lot of fun with the use of feminist buzzwords by millennials - totally unfair, of course.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, he was totally Vic; and I like him so much better as Nacho.

1 Like

Thinking about this some more and i guess the crossover would be krazy-8 and maybe that’s why he became a dea informant because of his treatment by salamanca. Of course it offers the opportunity for a gratuitous cameo by hank.

Krazy-8 has already popped up twice, so he’s definitely the crossover character. My guess is that he gets busted by Hank at some point, and Hector’s mistreatment of him is enough to make him snitch on lower level players like Emilio and Jesse.

2 Likes

Better call saul.

2 Likes

Don’t. Say. Another. Word.

(I haven’t seen the last episode.):worried:

1 Like