Whatcha Watchin'?

I think I’ve added to my list of “should be banned TV tropes”.

Time travel
Amnesia
Evil twins
Ninjas

1 Like

This. Once Upon a Time is basically a fairy tale soap opera. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course. :smile: I enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but it got dumber as it went on, and I just… lost interest. To me, the “evil” characters like Rumple and Regina are more fun than the “good” characters like the Charmings.

5 Likes

What about remakings of “A Christmas Carol”?

It should have all ended with “Scrooged”.

edit Yes, “Scrooged” is a film but I have seen more television versions of Ebenezer than I care to count.

2 Likes

Welp, ended up binging the rest of the first season of Broadchurch… quite nice… er, not NICE, but well done. Olivia Colman is excellent!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Just started watching the newer Dr. Who with my daughter. I forgot how much I liked Chris Eccleston. I was so proud when she went shopping with Hot Topic gift cards and came home with this:

She was thrilled that he had a banana. I mean, just look at it!

11 Likes

I :heart: Scrooged.

3 Likes

How are y’all watching all these great shows, staying on top of things here at the BBS, and working too?

I’m exhausted just thinking about it!

8 Likes

Thank you! Sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Working?

6 Likes

Currently watching Dicte, and enjoying it.

1 Like

BBC’s Episode 3 had the lowest ratings of any “Sherlock” episode when it aired Sunday night. It makes me wonder if there are at least three fandoms: Cumberbatch, Moffat and Holmes. Critics echo what’s been hinted here: that the writers lost their way, that Holmes was best being observant and “on the case.”
I guess I am a Holmes fan, although I do like BC as an actor and have seen him in a handful of other vehicles.

4 Likes

I decided I could only do two of the three, so working had to go.

6 Likes

You should watch In The Thick Of It. You can see the current doctor put a sailor to shame.

1 Like

I haven’t watched Calpaldi yet. I’m waiting for my daughter to catch up and then I thought we would watch #12 together.

What do you think about him?

1 Like

Once I got over expecting to hear “Hey cyberman, I thought I told you to fuck off!”, I have really liked him. His character is wrestling a lot with the consequences of his choices. I happily paid $18 to see his first episode and this years xmas episode in the theater on a giant screen.

4 Likes

Seriously; was that the series finale?

About time, man.

Don’t hold back now; let us know how really feel about it.

*lolz

I’m not sure how I feel; I didn’t hate it… but I didn’t “love it,” either; but I was totally engaged regardless.

And I actually enjoyed the Abominable Bride as a kitschy nod to the original time frame of the novels.

It has it’s own thread, and I’m beyond over that one, personally.

I also watched the first season and a half of Once Upon a Time before losing interest.

6 Likes

I feel like i watched an entirely different episode to others here. Hey ho…

1 Like

That soliloquy from Mary at the end ; it didn’t seem like a ‘farewell speech’ to you?

Has The OA been discussed in here? There are some very interesting fan theories on Reddit.

Me? I’m trying to wrap my head around the finale.

2 Likes