Whatcha Watchin'?

With flying colors… women talking to women about all sorts of shit, including leadership, waging war, science, technology, medicine, survival… and sometimes, dudes, too. Just not ONLY about dudes. In fact, it seems like the men in the show more often screw things up and the women get it right… Very diverse cast, too. Not just a sea of teenaged, angsty whiteness.

Also, Ricky Whittle! Seeing this has gotten me excited about American Gods! He’s great!

2 Likes

Then it’s on my list.

I’m almost done with my current binge-fest.

2 Likes

It starts out slow and full of annoying teen angst, but picks up by the middle or end of the first season. It’s worth getting through as the story goes in a sort of unexpected direction.

2 Likes

I finished Stranger Things–aaaaaaahhhhhhh, so good, I hope the second season can live up to this! I’ve been told Beyond the Black Rainbow pairs well with it, so I have that lined up to watch soon.

3 Likes

Just started watching Chef’s Table: France. I really liked the previous Chef’s Table seasons, so was pleased to see the France season pop up on Netflix.

It makes me so damn HUNGRY while I watch it, but in a good way. I would eat pretty much all the meals I see on this show. They’re so damn beautiful.

3 Likes

All caught up on Netlix streaming of Gotham, Elementary, the latest British police and period dramas (including Foyle’s War).

Any recommendations for classic shows to watch? I was considering looking for Cadfael or Poirot, since I hadn’t seen them all.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a whole lot of Cadfael but I enjoyed what I saw. Kind of a weird show but good too despite that whole late-70s-early-80s-oddball-detective-show thing.

1 Like

It’s from the mid-90s! I liked it, but it’s Derek Jacobi, so of course it’s good!

@knoxblox if you’re thinking older British stuff, have you watched any Sharpe (okay, those are TV movies more than a series…)?

1 Like

I went by the first paragraph of the wiki page for, apparently, the … novel series? :laughing: All I can say is it looked 80s to me which is why I wiki searched it in the first place. :sweat:

That’s just British TV production standards for ya…

2 Likes

Yes! Stranger Things, so good… if weird. Looking forward to next season, like you.

Now to Vikings. Be warned: Ragnar loses his shit. Can’t remember if it’s season 3 or 4 (if that’s even a thing yet) but yeah… drugs, even in Viking times, are bad, mmmkay.

2 Likes

My Mexican Netflix doesn’t have it. It’s strangely picky here. I’ve been able to catch up on season 3 of Elementary, but no Hannibal season 3.

I’ve decided to dive back into Homeland, but really have no idea where I left off. Episode 1 of season 3 has Carrie in her home with the big “connected string” visual aid on the wall, but I remember the NSA took that down. I also remember Brody in South America (?) being forced into a heroin addiction, and Carrie getting elective electroshock therapy, so I have no clue where I should be jumping back in.

I still have 3 episodes to go of season 3; season 4 is in progress, so I’ll probably have to wait a while for that. Buuuuuuut school starts up again in a couple of weeks, so after that I won’t have time to worry about it until almost Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t remember the South America/heroin story, and I’ve watched Seasons 1 and 2.

The other bits you remember are from the end of Season 1.

So I’d start off at the beginning of Season 2 and see if there’s anything that you remember.

Well, I know I’ve watched season 2 because of the finale.

Then I can’t help you; that’s as far as I ever got.

It’s back!

1 Like

I know! I’ll have to wait until it comes out on DVD, though. The first season was great!

1 Like

Waaaaaah! Walking Dead season five is available now on Netflix streaming, but not in Tijuana.

Hashtag developingworldproblems

2 Likes

Just watched the first episode of the new Red Dwarf series. It’s a far cry from the glory days of series 2, 3 and 4, but it’s still funny.

4 Likes