Whatcha Watchin'?

Finished Vikings, season 3; will probably have to wait for December school break to get started on season 4 :cry: But now we are checking out The Strain. I didn’t know David Bradley (Argus Filch/Walder Frey) was in it–yay! There were things in the first episode that had me yelling, “Really???” at the TV, but we’ll stick with it.

2 Likes

Ash Vs. Evil Dead S02.

Minor cast spoiler.

Ehrmagerd Lee Majors!

5 Likes

So watching it.

5 Likes

Ooh, I almost forgot: it is also time for Luke Cage!!!

4 Likes

Really?

It’s been released?

ETA:

Oh snap; so it is.

5 Likes

That’s this evening sorted. Beers and Luke Cage.

4 Likes

I have to head to bed; but that sorts all my down time at work tomorrow.

4 Likes

Here, borrow my wristwatch. It’s set to a better timezone for this.

3 Likes

If only it actually worked that way…

*lolz

Have a good one, hon.

3 Likes

Mysteries? Campion. Lovejoy if you want something in a more contemporary setting.

2 Likes

Jericho.

Enjoying it despite flaws… it has a certain “classic” network primetime drama style, aesthetic and cast (I feel like some of these characters must have a grandma or grandpa Walton somewhere in the family tree), it’s very “apocalypse lite” compared to more recent stuff like TWD, there are some questionable plot points… but damn, it’s pretty good. Shame it didn’t last.

I don’t yet know how they wrapped it up with the abbreviated second season, but I would warmly welcome a “ten years later” reboot on Netflix.

2 Likes

Sanctuary.

I watched the first three seasons on Space, but never watched the fourth. I’m currently about halfway through Season 2.

On a completely unrelated note, Amanda Tapping is awesome.

And I would have totally watched Season 3 4 of Arrow if they had made Christopher Heyerdahl a recurring character, instead of killing him off after like ten seconds on screen at the end of Season 2 3.

1 Like

So excited for this! Won’t be able to start it this week, because of a convention, next week!

2 Likes

I thought of you when I saw this… I listed it in my folder as jessica jones luke cage white dudes:

This is gonna be such an epic show. I love the whole cast… I love where it’s set and themes it’s going to tackle. Honestly, I think these netflix shows have been the best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as it’s let them cover some interesting ground with more depth.

4 Likes

I just finished the first season of Galavant. Fun!

We’re rewatching The Office (US version). So cringeworthy!

4 Likes

Agreed.

And having Luke Cage, an impenetrable Black man, as a leading heroic figure… right now in the current hostile racial climate?

It makes a helluva statement.

5 Likes

Just finished Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel. I love period stuff but usually am a hard sell for fantasy, still don’t know what to say about this other than it was well done. Maybe I should have read the book, but I’m not sure what if anything it was saying.

Loving the 3rd season of Halt and Catch Fire. Am up to the last episode of Braindead, pretty fun show, the Jonathan Coulton musical recaps are a hoot.

Braindead S01E01 recap song. Spoilers!

3 Likes

Yep! But the whole cast is phenomenal. Alfre Woodard? Frankie Faison? MaherShala Ali? All in the SAME DAMN SHOW!!!??? Yes please!

3 Likes

Oh, I watched that recently as well! I read the book a few years ago, but had forgotten the finer points, so the show was still a pleasant surprise. Now I want to re-read it.

4 Likes

I haven’t watched any eps yet; I’m queuing it up now.

1 Like