What's a really awkward situation that everyone can relate with?

Latin drinking songs rock! Am I right?

1 Like

John Boorman directed his daughter Katrine (whom he’d cast as Arthur’s mother) in a nude rape scene in the movie Excalibur. :grimacing:

3 Likes

So, Boorman influenced Dario Argento?!?!?!?

2 Likes

Calling out there mistakes wile defiantly making even more mistakes,

13 Likes

watching a tv programme with a group and you decide it’s not funny anymore then the person you like wonders on your decision urgh

2 Likes

My current awkward situation: Maintaining proper social distancing amongst strangers but without giving them the feeling that I dislike them. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Oh, oh, I have a good one!

Trying to have a cogent chat on some websites forum!

I win! That is the most awkward of ALL! See what I mean? There must be some trolls hiding around here somewhere :wink:

Or posting a self-righteous comment unselfconsciously and expecting at least lurker support, and then… zero likes. Well, then maybe only Loudmouths experience this awkward situation?

1 Like

No, different guy. I blow kisses only when A) the middle finger seems insufficient, and B) the recipient of the gesture seems quite unlikely to receive said gesture lovingly. Also, true story, I once lost my license multiple times for using my turn signal to change lanes.

1 Like

I have a health problem that presents itself in an obvious and visible way that children and adults ask about and teens mock.

It is tiresome, and it leaves me with little empathy for lots of people.

The awkward part is not knowing how to respond no matter how many times it happens.

4 Likes

Came here to post exactly this.

giphy

3 Likes

Being an establishment Democrat who says “Believe Women” until your candidate is accused of sexual assault, and then you look the other way.

Don’t forget, #VoteBlueNoMatterWho could also mean Bernie

Edit: “you” meaning the subject here

3 Likes

this is what comedians post when they want to write a new movie.

2 Likes

Any post correcting grammar and/or spelling must itself contain at least one grammar and/or spelling mistake.

It’s the Law!

5 Likes

It’s the lore.

FTFY

4 Likes

That awkward moment when you and a stranger are walking opposite directions and you both go the same side multiple times to pass each other lol.

Oh, that one’s so easy. You just smile and say, “We dance divinely!” and you both laugh.

5 Likes

Saying “hi” to someone you recognize, only to find out you’re talking to a complete stranger.

A wildly inappropriate autocorrect when texting.

8 Likes

What I am sensing here is a horror of one’s own body taking up space
and a horror of being wrong.

It’s kinda sad
you’re ok
if you forget a name, or you pass gas, or if you said hello or good by at the wrong time.
You’re still ok.

6 Likes

Visiting a couple at their house when they get into a nasty argument.

Asking someone out, and they laugh because they think you’re joking.

Learning over dinner together that your blind date is a conservative Roman Catholic, and then going to the comedy club where the first comic opens with a sentence that involves the pope and anal sex, followed by 10 minutes on back-alley abortions.

Trying to chat up the cute girl ahead of you in a long line at Disneyland, only to have her give you a confused look. Then her little brother starts talking to her in sign language, and, for a moment, you’re relieved to realize that she’s deaf. And then feeling guilty about being relieved that somebody is deaf. And then seeing the cute girl meet up with the rest of her friends at the end of the ride, where she seems to understand them despite the fact that they aren’t using sign language, so clearly she can read lips.

Sharing embarrassing stories on BoingBoing that you hope everyone will think are general, hypothetical situations, but–deep down–knowing that everyone is laughing at you.

12 Likes

Bonus points if they’re close relatives.

7 Likes