What's the weirdest thing you can find on AliBaba?

So what were your search words for THAT to pop up on your screen?

1 Like

search for “jammer”, then scroll down to “related products” and hit the arrow to the right a few times.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/sexy-swimwear-for-kids-for-children_627439898.html?s=p

##sexy swimwear for kids for children Small flowers jammer

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/sexy-swimwear-for-kids-for-children_627439898.html?s=p

Sexy? It comes with a bathing cap!

also: kids.

some bad translation somewhere along the line. REALLY BAD TRANSLATION.

3 Likes

I included them in the image (all 1 of them). “jammer”. I was hoping to start with radar, or laser, or even TV, and go off into the weeds from there…

1 Like

some bad translation somewhere along the line. REALLY BAD TRANSLATION.

Yeah. A lot of that, and I expected as much, but I also didn’t really feel like following up. (Didn’t have to scroll in my case…)

ETA:
Speaking of bad translation, maybe I should go off and look for sexy and units of measure (Gallon, Tonne, etc). On the other hand, maybe more adventurous than I am feeling this evening.

4 Likes

more swimwear

#Mermaid Tail: Flair Tail for Teens & Adults

###Specifications

This tail has a gorgeous translucent fabric off of the end of the fluke. When you swim, this sheer fabric looks magical!

This is our magical tail called the “Flair Tail”. Custom-made in the USA, these tails are sewn from the best quality nylon-spandex with hidden drawstring waist. They flow smoothly in the water and look gorgeous. This tail includes a Finis monofin flipper with adjustable strap, and has a gorgeous translucent fabric off of the end of the fluke. When you swim, this sheer fabric looks magical like jellyfish!

NOTE: Swimmer should have at least one year of swimming experience and be a confident swimmer. USE ONLY WITH ADULT SUPERVISION.

Flair Tail in sizes XS (Ladies 0-2), S (Ladies 4-6), M (Ladies 8-12), L (ladies size 14-18). Available in many colors.

These retail from $263.99 (XS, S) to $294.99 (M), or $354.99 (L).

Join the new watersport of Mermaiding with AquaTails Mermaid Tails!

#Farida - DBlue & Red Islamic Swimming Suits High Quality

which isn’t weird at all. except for the context of the above 2 items, perhaps.

Made in Jordan, and you can buy as few as 1 pieces.

2 Likes

Damn, she’ll be lucky to not get arrested by the religious police for showing so much foot!

5 Likes

Fixed that for her.

6 Likes

I searched for “creepy”, and here are the first three results:

I thought that clowns would show up in the top 3, but I guess I was wrong!

2 Likes

They live?

#RJ-027 Yiwu Caddy Horror Mask Realistic Creepy Halloween Costume Prop Novelty Latex Rubber

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/RJ-027-Yiwu-Caddy-Horror-Mask_60229830342/showimage.html

Since that’s a picture in the artist’s studio, who knows how the mass-produced item will turn out.

They do provide this helpful graphic to help with the ordering process:

7 Likes

Well, that’s some flow chart, eh?

2 Likes

Many of the stock photos on Alibaba seem to be what the manufacturers are copying, rather than what they are making,

5 Likes

#Novelty Dentist Gifts Idea Wholesale Custom - Tooth hiding USB thumb-drive. Tooth-drive. 100 PIECES!

4 Likes

To me, the weirdest part is the “not for sale” blurb.

2 Likes

#Fiberglass decorative artificial fake deer antler decor

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Fiberglass-decorative-artificial-fake-deer-antler_60087104144.html

##Specifications
Fiberglass decorative artificial fake deer antler decor
1.High quality&competitive price
2.OEM&ODM

1 Like

What do you expect for only $0.20 an item?!!?

1 Like

hourly.

7 Likes

#Human anatomy torso model of 55cm with 20 parts ,Dual Sex Anatomical Human Torso Model with Organs 55CM

##Packaging Details: Export carton 52.53658cm/CTN G.W.:13.5kgs/CTN 4pcs/CTN

##20 parts

1 left half brain
1 part head
1 part eye
2 parts heart
1 right half kidney
2 parts lung
1 part mammary
2 parts stomach
1 part liver
1 part gallbladder
1 part large intestine
1 part small intestine
2 parts female genital organs
2 parts male genital organs
1 part first lumbar bvertebra

2 Likes

Okay, that’s got nothing on Human Torso Model, Horizontal Shears (93 Parts)/Anatomical Model

4 Likes

Damien Hirst did this with two real cows, put the sections in glass filled with formaldehyde and oriented each cow standing, facing each other, then “shuffled the deck,” with room to walk between each section. one of the better modern art installations I’ve seen. really beautiful!

4 Likes

Great. You just gave me a flashback to the icktastic Bodyworlds science museum tour. If they hadn’t been actual real people (and most likely all political dissidents), I might’ve gotten through it with far less nausea…and probably no PTSD.

3 Likes