When and How Will the Trump Presidency End

If I have nightmares tonight…

6 Likes

We’re really in uncharted territory here.

Polls will continue to drop, he will hold rallies like the one planned for this weekend (fewer and fewer will show up), legislative and diplomatic setbacks will stymie him, and eventually some major event will prove he can’t hack it, so he fakes a health scare and steps down because of doctor’s orders. “It’s unfortunate, I would’ve been the greatest President ever, but the fact that I could keel over at any moment is unfair to this great nation, the chaos it would cause, the sorrow and shock good Americans would feel, I have to step down for the good of the nation. Sad.”

Basically he needs a lie that will satisfy his own need to look like some kind of a winner in a losing situation. I’m not going to give an exact date, but it’s going to take about six months to wear him down, and probably within two weeks of whatever major event makes him look undeniably inept (natural disaster, war in the Baltic or South China Sea, economy crash, etc.)

That said, I would also like to predict that at some point a member of the press corps laughs during one of his press conferences, and it’s a catalyst for everyone in the room to start guffawing. Whether that gives him flop-sweat and a red face, or whether he thinks they are laughing with him at some inadvertent joke, is hard to tell.

15 Likes

“Make America Eight Again!”

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-rally-Portland-Maine-small-Twitter-memes-10911459.php

16 Likes

This scenario isn’t going to let me sleep better tonight. :frowning:

4 Likes

We aim to please.

I did have an idea about a government of national unity with Pres. Pence and VP Kaine but that just seemed silly.

4 Likes

March 12, 2017.

I wager: two strips of gold plated latinum (seems the appropriate currency)

8 Likes

It seems hard to imagine more than 6 months of:

• 45 being able to stand being mocked daily.
  • 45 being expected to do work stuff daily (beyond photo ops).
  • 45 trashing every human, country or organization he encounters.
  • 45 dodging repercussions for all the shady shit he’s involved in.

So heart attack, assassination, impeachment, resignation, or runs away with circus by June 30 2017.

10 Likes

Trump is an attention seeking leech.

If every reporter, satirist, etc., ignored and didn’t so much as text, type, or say anything about him for just a week, he’d resign and go looking for greener pastures.

OR: Would he do worse things w/ more time on his hands ?

3 Likes

Uneducated guess.

He’ll make it through his first term. Second term reelection under even more controversy and now with a largely dem congress and the added ‘assaults’ will cause a heart attack in the middle of ranting and raving at how loved and respected he is.

1 Like

Came here to post this.

You win this round, @Wanderfound!

3 Likes

March 19, 2017. I cannot divulge why.

8 Likes

He serves out his term in full. Asshole that he is.
I hope I’m wrong.

13 Likes

30 days hath September, April, June, and November.

So… that would… April, 2018?

5 Likes

I was thinking something similar: we will all go together when he goes…

7 Likes

Can we do a GoFundMe to raise the $200K membership fee?

8 Likes

Soon.
With a whimper.

6 Likes

Aug 2, 2017.

That’d be a hell of a 60th birthday present for me.

13 Likes

Dangit. You nailed the reason for my date.

I hope you feel proud (actually I do :hatching_chick:)

10 Likes

I had a feeling yours was right around your choice, but I’m not sure why I thought that. Have you disclosed that fact before? Is this one with a zero on the end for you?

3 Likes

No. Just 30X6 days, or 180 days from the post. Unless I have to hedge.

3 Likes