When and How Will the Trump Presidency End

I’m hoping that it is pretty close to last night’s Scandal opening:

Attorney General David Rosen drops Cyrus off at the local penitentiary, where Cyrus is summarily stripped of his clothes and his dignity.
While guards are asking Cyrus to bend over and spread ’em, Mellie Grant asks Olivia Pope to get up and dance with her as they pre-game Mellie’s impending presidency.

4 Likes

No, the last one before that :whale2:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t have any particular date in mind but can I put my money on “the day the US surrenders”?

If not I’m going long on the full two terms. Like, I don’t want to be mean or anything but this is the same country that thought Bush Jr was worth another go-round.

2 Likes

Just a whimper?

8 Likes

Congratulations we are all now on a watch list.

3 Likes

There’s a reason, after all, why I haven’t posted he–

Oh, son of a bitch!!

9 Likes

I don’t think that there is any real way to remove him before the end of his term. Some opponents like to fantasize about impeachment, but I think it is just that: a fantasy. He is elected and is there to stay the full four years.

Now, the interesting question is how the country will change in that period. Make no mistake, Trump is decided to push a lot of changes and 4 years is a long time.

1 Like

Those elected to public office in the US have typically been able to get away with doing a poor job, ranging from negligence, to obstruction, to incompetence. They can get away with lying and cheating for their ideology or self-interests.

But impeachment exists and is used for those who are obviously unable or unwilling to fulfill the requirements of the job, and/or who do things which are blatantly illegal - not according to the U.N. or international treaties, but according to U.S. law.

Why I think that impeachment is a real possibility is that Trump has very publicly campaigned to do things that he has no legal way to do. The guy demonstrates little understanding or regard for what the duties of the office are. That’s all besides the other real possibility of him having already done things shady enough to get impeached for before he was even elected.

To put it diplomatically, being impeached is probably the safest option for him. He would still be alive and get to rant in the media for another few years. Speaking of which, I am not even convinced that he will live all that long anyway. He does not look like a healthy specimen.

2 Likes

Vote for what you think most likely to happen;

• Impeachment
  • Article 25 Removal
  • Death by Natural Causes
  • Death by Unnatural Causes
  • Military Coup
  • Resignation
  • Stays in office

0 voters

3 Likes

All of the above! You can’t fire me, I quit!

5 Likes

And by when that is most likely to happen;

• July 1, 2017
  • Jan 1, 2018
  • July 1, 2018
  • Jan 1, 2019
  • July 1, 2019
  • Jan 1, 2020
  • July 1, 2020
  • Serves full term

0 voters

1 Like

What?!?!?!

I just thought we might want to have somebody on-site to take pictures of security briefings, etc., in the dining room. Looks exciting!

1 Like

LOL

“YOU ! … Off to Siberia with the other fake-news reporters”

2 Likes

I’ve seen a documentary about how this ends.

Some minor details may be wrong, but it isn’t really important whether the nukes are launched by Russia or North Korea

7 Likes

It Is possible for people to make his job so miserable he quits. He’s a selfish prideful person, so I see it as a real possibility.

4 Likes

While the GOP control Congress, I think that’s true. He’s at what, 85% approval rate amongst Republicans, and 8% amongst Democrats?

If the Dems took them both back in the mid-terms(and it’s a big if, more likely the Senate will get worse, but they should be able to retake the house) , it’d be a choice between impeaching him, or just obstructing him.

2 Likes

I did try to add “capitulation to foreign government” to the list but it was too late to edit.

3 Likes

My guess is that we get a repeat of Egypt’s Arab Spring revolution.

(Yes, I know that Egyptians aren’t Arabs).
(Yes, I’m an idiot).

Egypt elected a guy who the majority of the country didn’t want.

This guy showed nothing but contempt for the democratic institutions around him, pissing off the people even more.

His Presidency ended when the military removed him from power and installed themselves, with general public support, because, even though it wasn’t what they wanted, it was better than the alternative.

7 Likes

They’re not? I mean, they speak Arabic and their ancestors arrived from the Arabian peninsula during the Arab conquests (unless they come from somewhere else). Their country is called the Arab Republic of Egypt. My friend who is Egyptian is half Arab and half Turkish. Who says they aren’t Arabs? Are you confusing them with Iranians, who are Persian (as does much of the Shia minority around the persian gulf) or Turks?

But I think you’re view is a good guess. But I think the liberals in Egypt contributed to overthrowing of a democratically elected leader and they got the old regime, back with a vengeance. They wanted the “right” kind of democracy, the religious hicks outside of Cairo (or those in Cairo, living in slums) be damned. Overthrowing the presidency of Morsi led to even worse military dictatorship.

3 Likes