When asked about Cohen hush payments, Trump can't stop saying the word "campaign"

Further: "What Trump is alleged to have done is to have personally instructed his attorney to facilitate an illegal contribution by a corporation with the goal of burying a negative story before the campaign and, in another case, having that attorney make an illegal payment to hide another damaging allegation. Unlike the Obama example, the violation was allegedly intentional. Unlike the Obama example, Trump and Cohen then proceeded to lie about what took place for months — until Cohen’s admission in court.

Some additional context that will shed light on the difference between what Trump did and what the Obama campaign did. A few weeks after the 2016 election, the Trump campaign also paid a fine for improperly handling campaign contributions. About 1,100 donations made to Trump’s campaign violated campaign finance laws, including donations that exceeded the allowable limit in a year."

8 Likes

Here’s his latest:

3 Likes

tumblr_pbmuibBs4g1vmtp2uo1_500

4 Likes

Rote memorization FTW!

2 Likes

I still can’t understand why the default position when the victor in an election knowingly commits a crime to win is not to have the election annulled.

11 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

a’la James Burke on Connections. Done well it’s a fascinating way to present history or a complex topic. Done poorly it’s a fascinating insight into the limitations of the speaker.

4 Likes

I was thinking more confabulation; due to dementia.

10 Likes

This whole thing would be a lot more fun in a world where congress was doing more to constrain Trump. Like if they had enacted protections ensuring that the Mueller investigation could only be terminated with cause. Or if they took away his authority to launch a nuclear first strike without anyone else’s input

so, anyway, if you’re american, make sure you vote in the midterms

5 Likes

i hear you, i’ve stopped listening to npr since november of 2016. all i’ve listened to in my car since then has been albums from my amazing jandek collection.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’ve read an entire Sarah Palin speech and I am done. Simply do not need to do this type of thing ever again.

2 Likes

I’ve personally known two people who were confabulators, in a clinical sense. One I met during a summer vacation at the local state hospital (aka, looney bin). They seemed normal up to a point, such as being a direct descendant of Hitler. Or that they taught quantum physics at the local community college. These are weird people that one is best to just back away from and let the professionals deal with. I am not even sure they understand that they are making things up. But they are really good at lying, up to a point.

2 Likes

From my social work days - many lifetimes ago - it’s organic.

Though when you get a liar who develops it - kinda twisty.

5 Likes

That’s what pathological liars do.

1 Like

I kinda figured as much with these two, but still, once you figure it out (and it is not necessarily obvious) you do want some distance.

1 Like

I think this little do-dad from a Tarot deck could stand in for Trump, “incapability” being one of its interpretations:
12-pendu

1 Like

He’s still trying out the English language.

1 Like

…my testicles reflexively draw up into my body cavity.

2 Likes

The noose tightens.

When someone sits him down and explains just how much shit he is inextricably in, the next step will be a military distraction. Or maybe a terrorist attack that allows him to kill your democracy.