When Putin attacked Ukraine, American right-wingers kissed his ass. They're backing off now he's been denied a quick victory

For a little while at least.

https://www.reuters.com/article/russia-reserves/russias-gold-and-fx-reserves-hit-record-high-after-imf-transfer-idUSL1N2Q416S

7 Likes

Molotov was trending as a food topic on Twitter last night. :rofl:

9 Likes

They think we’ll forget.
A number of us will continue to remind people, however, that the GOP has stood up four-square for the invasion of a sovereign country by a dictator.
Like Trump, this needs to be a garbage lei they wear around their necks for the rest of their pathetic existence.

22 Likes

Love your Kelly Freas choice.

7 Likes

In self-defense situations against overwhelming odds, there may be some satisfaction for at least taking a small measure of revenge for your own murder.

6 Likes

Ten years ago, his genius move was dumping millions of Syrian refugees on the west. We’re still riding the aftershocks from that.

Maybe he hopes for a repeat with Ukrainians? If so, I don’t think that will work as well.

8 Likes

After over a month of a shitty winter training exercise with no R&R.

12 Likes

Dude flip-flops faster than my dog with her favorite chew toy!

9 Likes

I think he highly miscalculated just how the rest of the world works when they have free speech and free media. And just how much the western world loves to back an underdog. Time for your wakeup call, Mr Putin!

16 Likes

Of course they are. That’s because “American right-wingers” are, to a one, cowards and bullies who fold with the slightest push back. Just like Trump. Just like the militia types. Just like every employee of Fox News.

Putin’s entire strategy from day one was to attack civilian targets - they’ve dropped bombs and missiles on apartment buildings, civil airports, ambulances, etc. There will be repercussions from this for a long time, and these same right-wingers will vocally defend war crimes next.

19 Likes

I am completely sure that when Trump praises Putin for being smart, he actually means shameless, as the closest thing to strategy he understands. I think maybe a lot of his reputation for cunning was just being willing to do things he shouldn’t and trusting he can avoid consequences…which works until it doesn’t.

26 Likes

American Right-Wingers = Fair Weather Fuckhead Freinds

9 Likes

The original Molotov cocktail was made by Alko, the Finnish state alcoholic-beverage monopoly.

16 Likes

from

44 Likes

When I visited Finland, I almost went blind drinking their home grown hooch, but I had a good time, the Finns are awesome folks.

14 Likes

A few years back I had some work in Kosovo. Lovely people and they live Americans. Anyhow, the local drink is called Rakia. And I was offered it almost everywhere I went. The quality varied from super smooth to “this is just gasoline, right?” I loved every minute of that trip.

8 Likes

Right. Same here too. War always has an element of unpredictability. Being too sure of an outcome is never wise.

10 Likes

I guess that kind of capability is probably the norm in this modern age but it still feels weird that people can just pick up a phone in one country and dial up any other civilian in an enemy country during a time of war. I mean, imagine if the North Vietnamese had just dialed up John McCain’s then-wife Carol at home to let him talk to her directly without the knowledge or approval of the U.S. government.

14 Likes

There are well-known ways to maximize your odds of winning, figured out through millennia of cruel ambition and desperate necessity, and knowing exactly what to expect from your enemy is always at the top of the list. It looks like Putin has instead trusted to numbers and surprise, to the point where it sounds like his own troops are more surprised to be there.

10 Likes

I can imagine, that the Vietnam War would have ended sooner. Nothing says no to War like grieving/worried Mothers/Guardians/Family.

13 Likes