When someone tells Gosar they're shooting migrants crossing the border, he says "this country needs you. There’s a bunch of people that are ready to go into action."

Originally published at: When someone tells Gosar they're shooting migrants crossing the border, he says "this country needs you. There's a bunch of people that are ready to go into action." | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

28 Likes

Christ, what an asshole Arizonan.

13 Likes

Minimum education standard? Nope: Boebert got her GED afterward.
Ethical requirement for truthfulness? Nope: Taylor Greene and others knowingly lie daily.
Requirement that one not incite or encourage criminal behaviour, including murder? Nope: Gosar’s out there telling people they’re doing work by being ready to shoot migrants. (Really! SHOOT PEOPLE!)

Is the bar really so low to be in Congress? I’m not sure there’s a less-demanding set of behaviours or skills for a job anywhere.

20 Likes

in my experience having lived there for, like, 20 years - that is redundant.

14 Likes

shouldn’t be allowed to serve in Congress

Unfortunately, he’s running uncontested in Arizona’s new 9th district. Oh well, one more fascist sociopath in the House isn’t worth bothering to defeat, right?

15 Likes

I didn’t realize that “illegal immigrants” have more rights than we do because - checks notes - you can’t just shoot at them. :confused:

6 Likes

There does seem to be a minimum psychopathy requirement, though, and these folks score HIGH.

6 Likes

NAT-C

10 Likes

13 Likes

That NY Post hack / disgruntled employee headlines seemed like they could be genuine. This isn’t so far off the Abbot one.

Of course, this is giving GQP assholes on the border what they think is permission to murder people.

3 Likes

You spelled it WRONG!

2 Likes

This is the same one who is piously calling for peace talks?

I’m sure that there’s some desperately principled reason why he’s all gung-ho about shooting some combination of economic migrants and refugees; but the process of shooting an invading army is just a bridge too far…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.