When Ted Cruz asked for free Nine Inch Nails tickets, Trent Reznor told him to fuck off

Guys like Cruz never offer to pay for themselves, let alone others. They always have an excuse if they’re called on it. That’s one of the many things that makes the Soup Goblin a lying sack of shit.

9 Likes

Unless I am completely clueless, gerrymandering isn’t really a thing in a Senate contest as it is statewide. 2 Senators per state regardless of size is a form of electoral distortion, but it isn’t gerrymandering.

6 Likes

I really ca’t imagine Ted fitting in at a NIN concert anyway.

4 Likes

Wealthy Republicans love being cheap. I dunno what the deal is.

Guy I know from a web forum I used to run complained once about how it was hard to find a good deal on a used pickup truck. He was 28, and literally owned a car dealership.

10 Likes

I wasn’t aware Democrats votes for Cruz in the primary.

8 Likes

Wealthy people in general can be cheap. In part it’s a way for them to stay wealthy. Some wealthy conservatives like stiffing working class people, especially the “undeserving” Lucky Duckies getting paid $15/hr. Others like to be big spenders to demonstrate their “superior value”.

Cruz, while he was always well off, only got into UHNWI territory because his wife was a director at Goldman Sachs. Were he digging ditches for a living, though, he’d still be the kind of dickhead who never reaches for his wallet when it comes time to settle the bill.

10 Likes

Texas is an open primary state, and considering how thoroughly Cruz is despised by so many in both parties that might not have been a bad strategy. But of course that’s not what really happened. Texas Republicans and no-one else chose him.

8 Likes

I was thinking this would be a simple feel-good story, but on reading the post it turns out that Trent did put Cruz on a guest list at one point, which makes me sad.

5 Likes

Meh, when I go to a concert getting bogged down in politics is the last thing on my mind.

Hey! be nice! I live in Austin. Houston is liberal. Dallas turned liberal. San Antonino is, well, San Antonio…Lubbock, Odessa et al are places you escape from…er… Hey! At least we aren’t Mississippi! Or Florida!!! Or…

2 Likes

Kinda wish they’d put him on the list. Dude couldn’t handle being yelled at at a restaurant, would love to see how he deals with a crowd’s reaction to him in a somewhat less formal environment.

Not directly, but the gerrymandering and the concomitant relative loss of franchise likely leads to depressed turnout among the party that is gerrymandered against.

2 Likes

Don’t you know, that’s HOW they got rich in the first place! /s

christmas-carol-sir-pat-stew-scrooge

3 Likes

Many—maybe the majority—of the most celebrated artists in the history of modern music have been outspoken advocates for various political causes.

8 Likes

Maybe in their minds penny pinching keeps one wealthy. Generally, it’s a high paying job or inheritance, tho. No one gets wealthy by not tipping a buck at the coffee shop. That’s just being a cheapskate.

3 Likes

While that’s true, it doesn’t really capture the whole picture–which is that the Democrats held both of Texas’s Senate seats before Reconstruction and then from the 1870s into the 1960s. Before 1961, Texas elected two Republican U.S Senators, both of whom were unseated in the 1870s, and Democrats held one seat until 1961 and the other until 1993. (The solid south used to be solidly Democratic because the Democrats were the ones who opposed Reconstruction and advocated for disenfranchising African Americans. The parties have switched positions on this now, obviously, but “first Democrat/Republican to [do whatever] since 18–” is usually not a useful metric as a result.)

Is there something else we can tell Ted to fuck off about? I mean he has such a deficit of fuck offs.

3 Likes

I wear this crown of shit
Upon my liars chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.