Where does it end?

What makes you think the many men currently being dragged out onto the carpet for this (and justly so) don’t know they’re doing something “bad”? The fact that sexual harassment and assault are wrong is often a prime motivator for those who commit them. These bastards know very well they’re being “bad.”

6 Likes

My point was that it seems asinine to suggest that I stop trying to instill a sense of mortality in my children.

The thing is, no one here suggested that. The other thing is, your topic is a diversion from the topic of this thread. Again, the men being discussed here know what they do is wrong.

4 Likes

Certainly not.

I actually said that they cannot ignore that what they are doing is deeply wrong, considering that what they did was to drug people to f…ck them when inconscious, for example.

Still, to asnwer your question: “how do we stop them?”. The accepted method in our culture is to put them in prison, but I am sure you know that.

3 Likes

And on and on and on…

People are shitty.

3 Likes
6 Likes

So that’s why the wanted a picture of Trump. He may still end up appearing in the cover. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Say it with me, people. “Not saying ‘no’ is not the same as saying ‘yes’”.

Damn, people who refuse (or don’t care) to understand that.

11 Likes

Over the course of roughly 15 minutes, if my Twitter timeline is accurate. Let The Reckoning continue unabated.

Edit: Add Sherrod Brown, Joe Donnelly, Bob Casey, and the DNC to the list as well now.

3 Likes

The BBS is going to need an extra server:

“Neil King, former Wall Street Journal deputy bureau chief, tweets that he’s hearing the total number of congressmen with sexual-harassment skeletons "may top 40.” -Axios

2 Likes

I gotta say I’m a little surprised and disappointed by how many respected voices in public broadcasting are turning out to be creeps.

Et tu, Tavis?

4 Likes

NZQhi

11 Likes

In tears.
It will all end in tears.

2 Likes

His response:

He denies and is now “fighting back” whatever that means.

2 Likes

This is much worse than the courtier, Charlie Rose.

2 Likes

Shit. Public radio, too. I really like On Point.

2 Likes

I’ve heard Tom Ashbrook a few times. He always sounded kinda pushy to me. I know he’s mostly just trying to keep things clipping along, but still, he gets pretty edgy sometimes.

4 Likes

A show at WNYC is doing an ongoing series of reports about the accusations against its own host.

We’ve been talking all week with some of the victims who say they were harassed and bullied by John Hockenberry. Suki Kim, author of the article that first exposed the misconduct came on the program after her article broke. Rebecca Carroll and former Takeaway producer, Kristen Meinzer, also told their stories.

Farai Chideya says former Takeaway Host John Hockenberry’s bullying behavior was well known in the industry before she joined this program, and that she knew what she was walking into when she accepted a role on our show as guest host in 2009. She says it wasn’t long before he called her a “diversity hire” and told her she needed to lose weight.

But what caused her to walk away, she says, was the lack of action from the powers that be — including the CEO of New York Public Radio, Laura Walker.

Farai Chideya: Newsrooms Need to Purge Secrets in Order to Heal | The Takeaway | WNYC

2 Likes

6 Likes