Which US state matches your personality?

I live in California. Got Phobos.

Umā€¦TX is diverse? Extremist, just not sure which kind of extremist to be?

Iā€™d agree with you, but you also get it if you leave everything in the middle as well. I think itā€™s just full of people that arenā€™t too sure what they are lol.

Be glad youā€™re not in LA - every other thing you see was filmed in Signal Hill or Red Rocks Canyon. Gets annoying. I was born in NM, but Iā€™m at the beach to stay. I just like the people in NM. NM, or Austin. No, wait - if NV, then you get the Burning Man bonus. Lots of places with weird, laid-back creative types.

Faust - dunno. I was thinking, loads of people there who are very, very sure, they just arenā€™t very like each other, lol. OTOH, if you survey enough of them and then grind off all the statistical edges, youā€™d probably end up with some kind of totally boring everyman idea that way, wouldnā€™t you?

I was born in Texas, then moved to Oklahoma, and now live in Missouri, so Iā€™ve been working my way north. Apparently, I should continue north until I get to Wisconsin.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the deal with Kentucky? Itā€™s not only pure white (completely left out of the survey) but in the nine days this survey has been posted, absolutely no one on six websites has commented about it. Yes; I looked.

I apparently belong in West Virginia, which according to the article is the most neurotic state in the union.

Kentucky was included. You can hover over the state to see its scores and rank. If you do ā€œAnxious, easily upsetā€ at 5, ā€œOpen to new experiences, complexā€ at 3, and all the rest at 4, you will get Kentucky as the result.

I think this is the paper that the test is based on: http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/psp-a0034434.pdf

Easy one - Austin area? social liberal / fiscal moderate. Rest of enormous clusterfuck of Cruz shit? Cruz shititite of social shit / fiscal shit. Oh, did I forget about the gerryshittering that elected a few other shitters?

Texas - not hard to figure. Go figure.

Louisiana ! so average but at least neurotic

Clearly you havenā€™t been to DC anytime in the last decade. More like youā€™d be broke in a week from overpriced gourmet cupcakes, $15 cruelty free ostrich sliders, and locally sourced artisinal locavore fried chicken and fancy doughnuts. Itā€™s not 1990ā€™s Marion Barry cracktown anymore[0]. Thereā€™s crime, but no more than most other good sized cities.

Unless youā€™re here to stand up to the three letter agencies and numerous corporate interests that are invested in the Hill. Then yeah, dead or in Gitmo in a week.

[0] Ok, heā€™s still around, but on the city council in a ward that will probably still vote for him after heā€™s dead.

I got Georgia.

Unless thereā€™s been a LOT of changes in Georgia in the past 20 years, when I spent several months in Atlanta, I think this test is full of CRAP!

I can see myself in Seattle, or Portland, or Vancouver BC (all of which are like living in a wet diaper but have great downtowns.) or in New York City (I now live across the Hudson River,) but never in Georgia (or L.A. [too hot] or San Francisco [too weird] or Ottawa [too cold,], or MontrĆ©al [too extrĆØme.])

Iā€™m 60 and have lived in lots of places. Iā€™m now staying put. :smile:

Tennessee! WTF? Those fuckers want our water!!! :wink: I canā€™t even say that they have Rock City, cause that is technically in GAā€¦

I also got Georgia, and am as befuddled and horrified as you are.

Actuallyā€¦What I meant was that Iā€™d most likely be murdered by the local powers-that-be, whoā€™d quickly get fed up with my mouthy, political gadfly tendencies.

1 Like

Thing is, I love TX, dig the people, I study its history and culture like mad each and every day. But I have never actually liked living there. It justā€¦doesnā€™t get it, for me. Never did. Got no explanation for that, either, other than a strange feeling of being somehow stuck all the time. Kinda the same with NM. I dig the people, but never especially liked the place - and I was born there. Go figure me figuringā€¦

I donā€™t know WHAT they were thinking about GA. I lived there for years, too. Thereā€™s such a huge difference between ATL and everywhere else that it ought to be its own state. I mean, busiest international airport in the world, and almost nobody in that town is from that town. Everyplace else? Mayberry. Homey. Southern Comfort and fried chikkin.

Iā€™m from Georgia, but I got Oregon, which is just fine. Iā€™d be befuddled and horrified if it turned out I belonged here as well.

1 Like

There has actually been a fair amount of change here, at least in the metro areaā€¦ That wonā€™t necessarily mean itā€™s to your likingā€¦ But it has changed.

At least you didnā€™t get Tennesseeā€¦ water stealing jerks. :frowning:

2 Likes