White House condemns Musk's antisemitism; Apple finally suspends advertising on Twitter

Originally published at: White House condemns Musk's antisemitism; Apple finally suspends advertising on Twitter | Boing Boing

7 Likes

White House condemns Musk’s antisemitism

I wonder how those Space X contracts are looking right now

16 Likes

Here’s hoping this is the beginning of the end for Elon’s Nazi bar. There are only so many fascists out there willing to pay $8 to spread their poison, not enough to cover these and no doubt future advertising losses.

16 Likes

Starlink, too. What can they do to get that stink (dare I say musk?) off of them?

8 Likes

This is a start: Tesla Investors Call for Musk's Suspension, Apple Pulls X Ads

12 Likes

The Pentagon is already looking for alternatives to it, I know that much.

7 Likes

Apple “paused” their advertising. IBM “paused” their advertising. To my jaded ears this sounds like “wait until the brouhaha dies down” at which point they will “unpause” their advertising.

14 Likes

:open_mouth:

6 Likes

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable course of action for the government. Take away his launch contracts and revoke SpaceX’s access to pads at Kennedy and Vandenberg until Musk is removed from the company.

3 Likes

It’s also possible they have some kind of contract with Xitter, and the “pause” is to give their lawyers time to see if they have an out.

6 Likes

With EM, who knows when that will be?

Or maybe, who knows if that will be?

5 Likes

And as far as launch services, Musk is a security risk there also.

5 Likes

Musk has already threatened to sell off handles, even if they have no intention of spending another penny on Xitter advertising they may well decide to just pause it and let whatever contracts expire quietly rather than tempt Musk to sell, give, or post offensive stuff under those names.

On another subject, is Musk’s citizenship at all at risk here? He’s given aid to foreign enemies (shutting off Starlink for Russia’s benefit), and now engaged in legally dubious hate speech, plus all the other stuff we’ve got in the Musk hate thread, just wondering if there’s a point where his passport is canceled and he’s officially deported somewhere, probably not Mars.

3 Likes

… unfortunately he is past the probationary period

2 Likes

Nice illustration, Rob, but the cross on Mr. Musk’s head still misses four elements.

3 Likes

I hope the investors are listening - never put money into a company where you can’t kick out the founders as CEO when they start destroying the company.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.