"White House Gift Shop" announces "Trump Defeats COVID" commemorative coin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/06/white-house-gift-shop-announces-trump-defeats-covid-commemorative-coin.html

2 Likes

One assumes it’s made of a 50% irony alloy, and is crow-flavored, because, y’know… :hourglass_flowing_sand:

19 Likes

portent

47 Likes

Man, they have never heard of jinxing something?

19 Likes

So the Kim “summits” were a catastrophic failure, yet the “WH Store” still sells the coins, up from the original $19.95 to… $150. Because they became ironically collectible. And now this. Could it have anything to do with the fact that the campaign is rapidly losing money to the degree that they can no longer afford ads in Iowa and Ohio?

14 Likes

Had to leave this gem from the Onion’s “Our Dumb Century”

12 Likes

they became ironically collectible…

That’s… I can’t… I gotta say it would be one way to hedge against the market turmoil of a “bad outcome”.

I could not have made this stuff up if I tried… :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Grifters all the way down

8 Likes

At first I read “White House Grift Shop.”

On second glance, I was right the first time.

37 Likes

I only know that because I actually looked for one, myself. I’d pay $20 for an occasional chuckle.

5 Likes

Surely there are some Sinclair stations who would air the ads for free?

6 Likes

Dinos for Trump!
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 9.18.39 AM

6 Likes

Just in time for his relapse on Thursday.

10 Likes

22 Likes

To me, you win by not catching it, but what do I know.

7 Likes

Even if he lives through this and comes out no worse for wear, he did not “Defeat COVID”! At best he can say he survived covid. It is not just about him.

Jonas Salk did not get polio, but he defeated (with help from other scientists) polio, by coming up with an effective vaccine that for the most part eradicated polio worldwide.

Come on November 3rd, hurry up.

10 Likes

I can put it in the shoebox next to my ‘Charles and Diana Wedding’ memorial coins, gifted to me by my British grandmother.

5 Likes

[The “Donald J. Trump Defeats COVID” coin] will set buyers back $100, but shipping is free, 20 percent of proceeds will be donated to medical centers in Pennsylvania…

Nothing associated w/ 45 ever goes to charity. What a grift!

!

7 Likes

Can’t wait for next administration’s commemorative coin:

"COVID defeats Trump"

Of course made with 100% fake gold from Trump’s WH toilets. 0.50 cents each.

4 Likes

He’s being lionized for beating COVID. I like people who didn’t catch COVID.

15 Likes